1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'bout to buy all my handheld emulation needs

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by djleethal, Jun 15, 2006.

1. djleethal

djleethal Member

I'm less than a week from buying all of my NDS/GBA emulation sh*t so I'm REALLY in the need from somehelp from someone with valuable info.

Okay I've done as much research as possible about the M3 I know that's the way to go. I'm gonna go with an M3 Mini SD adapter and I'ma get a passcard to allow my DS to read the data of course but I was wondering if I needed a passkey with this. I'm really confused about this one thing. I heard the latest one is the passkey 2.

[bold]This one:[/bold]
    [​IMG]

So I'm hoping this is all I'ma need:

1x M3 Perfect Mini SD Adapter
    1x Mini SD
    1x Passcard 3
    1x Passkey 2

So having all of this should allow me to play all GBA/NDS/GB/GBC roms right?

What about NES roms? I heard with some program called "Goomba" I can play NES roms perfectly as well. I'm expecting to get a DS Lite so this should all hopefully work on one as well as a DS though it is a newer model I would persume. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  2. dnl0071

dnl0071 Guest

I am confused about that too. Do you need a passcard and a passcard key? Also is the M3 the same as the M3 adapter and M3 game manager software? I assume you need a multi card reader too correct?

Thanks

3. darty17

darty17 Guest

You need either the Passcard or the Passkey. With the passkey, get the newest one so the firmware will be compatible and you will also need a game cartridge (chip, whatever) to go with it, I believe. M3 is the way to go. be sure to update it to the latest firmware as well. For me, I downloaded a file called pocketnes to run my NES roms. Works liek a charm for me. Do a google search for it. And M3 = M3 adapter. M3 game manager is the software used to patch the roms to work correctly, and yes, you will need a card reader for this so you can transfer from the comp to the card.

4. dnl0071

dnl0071 Guest

So I would need:

1x M3 Perfect Mini SD Adapter
    1x Mini SD
    1x Passcard 3 or 1x Passkey 2
    1x Original DS Game
    1x Multi Game Card Reader
    1x M3 game manager

to run NDS Roms on the DSLite?

5. darty17

darty17 Guest

From what I understand, you do not need an original DS game if you use the passcard (mine's in the mail). Otherwise, yes, that's what you need.