1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Box PVR Update

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by holnect, Oct 27, 2007.

1. holnect

holnect Member

Hello there
    I am a little stuck!

I have downloaded the bin firl (BoxPVR_E_v4500_06Jul.bin) and all went well.

But when i go into the auto scan section, the programs are scanned for but none are found.

At the bottom right of the screen (opposite from level and quality (which by the way do not change through the scan) there is the word 'UNLOCK' which kinda flashes as the scan proceeds ......

Is there somrthing basic i am missing ?

For information I also have a 257 starview box which works fine ......

can anyone help ?

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    First before doing a scan for channels goto installation menu, then use the right arrow button on your remote control when you have 'Cable Network', (Top item) selected to go between TW,NTL,ExC&W,OM,Ch*r*s, and select your correct provider, then do an auto scan. If you still get no channels found or stored you may have a signal problem. Make sure you are plugged into the Cable input socket at the back of receiver as its easy to put lead into wrong socket. If you are still struggling ask a mate to check your cable with his box at your house or try your box at his house. After a sucessfull scan to set emu/autoupdate on enter the parental menu then press i (info) then 2007 not 1570, 1570 is for thebox (non pvr)
    jbvid

3. holnect

holnect Member

Hi jbvideo- thank you, everything working now- as you iddicated I was putting server into the ant-in socket instead of the cable 1 input socket.

Thanks again I O U 1

4. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Its easy done, done it myself, and they are close together.
    jbvid