1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

box-t

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by WestCork, Dec 21, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Thats a powerinsertor :)

2. corkman

corkman Member

got the box going it was a faulty power incerter thanks everyone for the help

3. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

Hi, just got the box-t but can't get it to get any channels. i followed the operating instructions and having read all threads and tried those options still can't get it to work.. Help please.....

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Are you sure you hvae Chor*s MMDS ?

Where are you located ?

5. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

I am in Limerick and do have chor*r mmds. i am in direct view of transmitter which is about 5 miles away. I have 2 chor*s decoders in house and am operating from main room. i have version AP1 :5.01e_E Boot version 7.0 on 12 Dec 2207

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Try do manual scans on the following freq below and see if you gain some ch@nnels that way

Press Menu > Installation > Manual Scan
    Down Freq (e.g. 274.000)
    Symbol Rate (6875)

Press OK to start Scanning

Chor*s Limerick

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  7. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

Tried all the manual scans. I don't understand "symbol rate" there's nothing on the menu for this. Can you explain?

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry I thought the setup was the same as the normal SV , as I never set up an MMDS b0x ,

Have you got a power insertor like the above member ?

9. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

I assume the power inserter is the 'splitter' from the main aerial input(located in my attic). if so then I have. i originally had one with input and two output (as I have two chor*s boxes) I replaced this with one with 3 output. My 2 chor*s are working fine .

10. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Its a small silver box , the aerial comes into the house , screws to it and carries on into the Chor*s box

11. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

That is what i have so and it is working perfectly as Chor*s is working fine.

12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I dont really know the setup with MMDS sorry , Make sure your cable is in the "Cable Input" socket at the back of the b0x-t and try scanning again

13. mq42

mq42 Member

Trying to set one up at the moment and am getting an info message on most channels "scrambled or bad channel"

and a $ is showing against the channels in the menu..

any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

14. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Press menu then 1570 and turn the EMU key ON , then exit 3 times

15. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

thanks anyway. I have it connected properly 100%. If there is anyone out there who knows how to connect from mmds chor*s i would really appreciate it.

16. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

Hi Billy - in order for the Box to Function it needs to have a good Connection and a solid Reception but the thing with MMmmD is that the reception is Boosted by 22.5volts so it is important that the box is connected after the booster .

Can i Suggest that you plug the box in where you have a box already but instead of unplugging the existing box Use the RF out connection and Connect it to 'The B0x' the correct connection to plug in the box is the one beside the Power Switch.

Finally Use a scart to get the picture (use the Bottom Scart Socket)

All this will confirm that the box is working and you can get Channel data ( TV program Info) once you have this The hard part is done did the 1570 option work for you if not goto menu select Parental control - Press 'Info' press 2004 this will give you the same Menu.
    Turn On Emu
    Exit and That should do it

17. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

I cannot access the parental controls, I can see where there are on the menu but it is higlighted in green and cannot be accessed. I think you were saying to connect the cho##s box to the new box through the RF out, I do not have this on the ch##s box there is a "tv loop through " point (I'm not sure what that's for). Also the connection for the cho##s box is a screw in connection which will not connect to new box.
    Any other ideas?

18. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

Billy is your existing box an old type with the Tin Plate thing Attached to the back of a otherwise normal box?

If it is just seperate it from the Existing box I think it jus pulls apart But be careful only a little force is required this will reveal connections on the other side as well. If its a newer type (with a card) then you should be able to replace the existing box -

Dont damage the existing box

Also make sure the booster is plugged in( i know ) but still its the simple things

19. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

Billy I think if remember if you dont have a signal you cant Access the controls - And the first thing you have to do is select Language - then Supplier

20. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

As far as I know I have the newest version of Chor*s digital mmds box. It is a sagem ITD 631 box. On the rear from left to right there is power input, telephone line, hifi audio, tv scart point over vcr scart point, screw in uhf-vhf aerial point over screw in tv loop through point. There is no pull away cover and no other inputs or outputs. My box-t options from the beginning are: 1.Language selection. 2.Main menu - (a) Installation , (b) parental control,(c) channel edit, (d) user set up, (e) factory setting, (f) system information. (parental control and channel edit are not available for selection) (a) Within the installation option I have Auto scan, manual scan and antenna power on/off.(f) system info is AP1 ver :5.0e_E Boot ver :7.0 12 Dec 2007.

There is no option to select supplier.

I hope this isn't an overload of info but maybe there is something in this of help or relevance...........