1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

box-t

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by WestCork, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Maybe im wrong here , can you connect your incoming cable to the "Cable Input" socket at the back of the b0x ( Have you got a screw on F connector or a push in one )

If its a screw on , Push-on adapters are available. These screw into an 'F' connector to turn it into a push-on plug. (Sample : http://www.brymar.co.uk/acatalog/fcoaxm.jpg)

Try this to scan for ch@nnels

Press OK to select English
    Press OK to select Installation
    Automatic Scan
    Press OK
    Channels found
    Exit

Press Menu then 1570
    Turn EMU key ON

2. mq42

mq42 Member

Celtic71, just a note to say thanks. It worked perfectly.

3. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem , you are welcome

4. wlash

wlash Guest

hi, do you know whether the starview 3 works on chorus mmds?

5. barts2

barts2 Regular member

no only the box T works on chorus mmds mate send me private message if ur lookin for a box T

6. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

to all. Success at last. unplugged the aeriel lead in to the back of the chor*s box and plugged into box t. picked up channels. no picture or sound on most but after about 5 minutes they all came through. I didn't realise that I needed to use the chor*s supplied aeriel leads incorporating the large black transformer type thing.

Do i need to get one of these for permanent use with box t.

I am now moving the box t to a different room. As I have multi room (one other chor*s box in another room) I had a two output splitter in attic. I have replaced this with a three way splitter but when i connect the third output my two chor*s boxes lose signal. Anything I can do about this.

once again thanks for the help.

7. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Glad you got it working in the end and as I said previous you needed the power insertor and down converter connected. Im not sure what way its set up using splitters etc, but Im sure one of the others will be able to point you in the right direction :)

8. bbbbbilly

bbbbbilly Member

hope so. thanks again.

9. magichat

magichat Member

Hi, i'm having problems installing a b0x-t. i'm in limerick and definitely on ch##us mmds. i've gone through the other posts and can't see what the problem is.

i'm connecting as a replacement for an existing ch##us box. the existing is the 631 sagem that was described in other posts.

i've taken the existing output from the power insertor, put the adaptor on and plugged into the antenna socket (beside the power switch). So should be no problem with signal.

i've upgraded to the correct version of the firmware and accessed the CAS menu. I've turned on EMU there.

i've tried doing an auto-scan after the firmware upgrade but it's only searching for 12 frequencies and not picking anything up.

i've tried manually scanning for frequencies that were used in an another post, but nothing.

couple of things that i'm not sure of. in the secret menu -> nagravision, it is set to N#L - should I be changing this to ch##us ? I tried changing it, and then stored it, but when I went back in, it was back to N#l ? Also, there is an option to power antenna. the default is set to off, is this correct ?

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it - otherwise i've just bought an expensive clock :(

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Are you sure its a Box T as I cannot understand why you would have N** in the CAS menu?

11. magichat

magichat Member

definitely, it says so on the casing

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

OK, strange though as N** is DVB-C. Press menu, 1570 and press OK on default key, turn box off from back switch and then back on. BTW are you in ANT in or Cable In on the back of the box?

13. magichat

magichat Member

there's two input options for the antenna:
    "Antenna" - input from tv antenna
    "Ant in" - rf modulator input to combine terrestrial tv antenna

i've been using "Antenna", but I've had a quick try with "Ant in" also, just in case.

I tried oking the set default key. switched off/on. did a scan and still nothing. The nagravision was still set to N##?? i'll try changing it to ch###s and try again...

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Did you press the default key also?

15. magichat

magichat Member

I did. when I tried it just now, I changed nagravision to ch##us as well. tried a few different combinations of setting the provider id and key number, set the default key. off/on, but no luck.

16. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Have you tried it with ant power on and off. I see you have just taken the rf feed direct from the powerinsertor as per your subbed box set up, make sure the powerinsertor is still plugged in. As it may have come loose.

Also check the coax connector.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  17. magichat

magichat Member

tried ant power on and off. no difference.

power insertor is fine, as I've gone back to my existing box and everything working ok on it.

not sure how to check the coax. I've screwed the adaptor on tight and it looks fine. there's a chance that the connection is not being made, but I put a bit of a bend in the wire to try and made sure it is. I could get the multi meter out and try a beep test.

only thing I can think of is to keep playing with the providor id/key number, and check the coax ?

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If your subbed box is fine, then its not a cable problem, as said is there a default key button in the CAS menu and have you used it?

19. magichat

magichat Member

ok, I'm a dumbass. I found the problem.

There's a spiders web of cables around the back of my large CRT tv, which doesn't move very easily. I was unplugging the existing box to free up a power point for the boxt. what I didn't realise is that the existing box and the power insertor run off the same plug. so everytime i was switching boxes, I was also powering down the power insertor. now that I have 120 scrambled channels - I'm going to try and unscramble them.

Scouser, thanks for your suggestions and apologies, as it was a "user no good" problem.

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem I did say check the powerinsertor, well end result is youre up and running ;)