1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy, Am I Stupid!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by farrar123, Apr 7, 2005.

1. farrar123

farrar123 Guest

Boy, have I blown it!

I have been recording my teacher’s lesson using a Sony digital recorder and then using the provided software to convert to at least 44 MHz Windows Media files. I remembered reading that it took this level as a minimum to be able to listen to the recording in a car or Walkman once burned to CD. I burned a few, tried them in the CD player in my vehicle, and they were fine. So, now I went into mass producing these. I have burned 50 8-CD sets and put all the labels on just to find out the new ones WILL NOT PLAY IN MY VEHICLE!. I am at work now and this is driving me crazy as I can’t understand what happened not to mention the fact I have just blown 20-30 hours of burning and labeling as well as $250.00!

These discs were burned using Roxio and using the ‘Create Audio CD” option. All disks will play on the computer BUT only the first two that I experimented some weeks back will play in a stereo or vehicle. The ones that WILL play in my vehicle show up as “CD Audio”. The disks that will NOT play show up as WAV Audio.

What do I need to do to best ensure that I burn my future disks where they can be played in the widest variety of devices possible? Mostly, I am interested in them playing in a car CD player, home stereo, Walkman, etc.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, by the way, does anyone need 400 really attractive coasters? If I don’t laugh, I’ll go insane!

Thanks Guys,

Jeff Farrar

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2005
  2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Make sure you make an audio cd instead of a data cd. Also use Nero as it is a million times better than Roxio's crap.

3. farrar123

farrar123 Guest

Exactly right!

I discovered as I went back through the steps that I was in fact making a data disk on SOME of the 8 teachings.

I do have a full version of Nero 6 that came with my burner. I will install it and give it a try.

Thanks.

Jeff

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

uninstall roxio 1st so there won't be any software conflict

5. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

This is a common problem among Roxio's $hi**y software. With Nero everything is put into clearly stated categories so this problem wont accure. Like the person above said remove Roxio first then install Nero. Infact burn the disc or sell it. Just get rid of it. When I used to use it it conflicted with my anti-virus software. Anyway Nero is the best software of its kind around.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i use roxio 5 platnium with no problems burning data cds