1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand: EMTEC/BASF

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by limer, May 4, 2002.

1. limer

limer Guest

This is a bit unusual:

ATIP: 97m 27s 00f
    Disc Manufacturer: Disc ID not allowed
    Reflective layer: Dye (Disc ID not allowed; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

These discs are 80 min, rated 1x to 16x and are on a spindle of 50. Does anyone know what the "true" manufacturer is?

2. fallen_br

fallen_br Member

If you use Nero, click on the Recorder menu, and shift-click on medium info (Or click on medium info and then shift-click Refresh) to find out.

3. jase

jase Guest

972700 is a generic ATIP. It means the manufacturer cannot be determined from the ATIP.

However, recent BASF discs have been made by MBI in India, whose discs come under several ATIPS (MBI, Not allowed, Plasmon, 4M).

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2002
  4. fallen_br

fallen_br Member

Well, that depends on which country he's in, Basf discs here are all made by Videolar Brazil SA, and in other countries might be made by "the cheapest available"... All under generic ATIPs, unimpressingly...
    (Except for the old CMC ones)
    Edit: They are most probably MBI if they say Made in India, of course

Last edited: May 5, 2002
  5. jase

jase Guest

... and that's what the ones I have here say ;)

6. limer

limer Guest

I live in the US and the CDs aren't mine. They were bought by an aquaintance at a local BJs. I do not have another CD to test Nero. If I come across the CDs again, I will let you guys know more. Are we agreed they are "not" high quality?

7. fallen_br

fallen_br Member

Well, if the discs are MBI, I'd say they're nice, they've always worked fine for me.

8. jase

jase Guest

Yeah MBI discs have always worked well for me, they are stable media. You can usually tell an MBI disc because they use Bayer Plastic, which means the disc is more flexible than normal.