1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new Pc and Halo 2 for Vista still slow

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by mb42375, Jun 7, 2007.

1. mb42375

mb42375 Member

I have a brand new hp pc. It has 2g ram. 500 gig hard drive. AMD 5200 and NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6150 SE graphics card. So why on earth is it running so slow? It should work fine with all of this stuff especially when it was made for vista and all the games that wasn't work fine. It runs so incrediblely slow that i can't even bear to try and play it. How can I fix this? Do I need a better graphics card or something?

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. mb42375

mb42375 Member

That would be fine but Halo2 only works with Vista.

4. Moomoo2

Moomoo2 Regular member

Go to nvidia.com and download the latest video card drivers and install them. I believe there is a set drivers in their beta stage that are helping with Halo2 PC issues.

Also, your graphics card is an integrated graphics card. If you want to have a computer that can really smoke through graphics, you'll probably want to upgrade your graphics card. Something like an nvidia 8800 would be really nice. Look on tigerdirect or newegg if you're interested.

Also, there are a lot of Halo2PC issues right now in general, no matter whether you have an expensive upgraded graphics card or not. Google around... I'm sure they'll be out with an update for Halo2 soon enough.

--Moomoo2

5. REAM

REAM Guest

maybe its casu ur graphics card sux

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thank you REAM & Moomoo2, I was getting ready to say the same thing. There is no way you can play Halo 2 decently with a GeForce™ 6150 SE graphics card. Thats like three generations old. But since your most likely on a budget I would recommend the 8600 GT or 8600 GTS series of cards. Not nearly as powerful as their 8800 brethren but you will see a huge difference between one of those cards and your GeForce™ 6150 SE. Also some don't require the use of a powersupply line.

@MasterChu
    Stop posting that useless reply. In every thread I've been in for someone that has Vista problems you have posted that same exact reply. It just shows that you can't troubleshoot to save your life. Vista may be bad but it is not the problem all the time. So if you don't have any way to back up your statement than don't post that useless message here. All your doing is confusing newbies to Vista and increasing your post count.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  7. mb42375

mb42375 Member

I got a new graphics card 8600gt. Every game works fine now except Sherlock Holmes: awakened. It still lags when trying to move.

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well first things first, try turning down the quality settings on the game and see if that helps. Also make sure you don't have any antivirus or antispyware applications running at the same time as a program like Norton Antivirus will significantly slow down your pc while gaming.