1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new to this

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by TTBoy, Jul 27, 2003.

1. TTBoy

TTBoy Member

First things first. I have a good machine.
    p4 1.7ghz
    1.25 gigs of ram
    Geforce FX 5200 (not the ultra) with S-Video Out

Now...how in the world would I capture Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi into Mpeg format from my HI-Fi VCR?
    I would love to get these movies on my harddrive cause I watch movies all the time on my computer and was wondering how in the world to do this...advice and creative ways of doing it are welcomed.

2. Labrat

Labrat Regular member

Do You have S-Video In or Video Composit on your Graphic Card??

3. TTBoy

TTBoy Member

I dont know, all I know is that theres a spot to plug in an S-Video cable to tv or vcr.

4. Labrat

Labrat Regular member

Gonna be hard if you don't have any inputs on your Video Card. They are company that make's USB devices that will allow you to capture Video. Take a look at this little device. I have one of these and used it with my last System I had before I upgraded my system..

Also I'm not trying to sell this. Just using it as a reference, so you can see the Spec. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2743760365&category=3759_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Despite All My Rage - I'm Still Just A Rat In A Cage!
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2003