1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BRD files on HDD: what files to open?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by thor999, Jan 31, 2008.

1. thor999

thor999 Regular member

What file do I open to play a bluray file I have on my PC's hard drive? Upon extraction, I am greeted with two files: BDMV and Certificate. BDMV contains the following folders: Auxdata, Backup, BDJO, CLIPINF, JAR, META, PLAYLIST, STREAM, then 2 small BDMV files. I have VLC player and PowerDVD (latest) to work with. Thx for the help, hope I am within guidelines.

2. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

IN THE FOLDER STREAM

3. thor999

thor999 Regular member

Allright, I found the one that must be the main movie (26g) but when I play it with VLC, it opens another window, saying directx 3d output, then VLC locks up with windows error message.

4. thor999

thor999 Regular member

O.K. Update: Can play that largest file (26g) with powerdvd, but the audio is in spanish! I found the second largest file (I think) and played it, seems it was like making of or something, and that was in english! What gives? Trying to maintain Afterdawn standards, I can at least say that this file should not be in spanish, albeit potentially an available audio track, it is not indigineous to spanish speaking people.

5. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

oh simple
    when u playing the movie just right ur mouse and choose the audio option

6. thor999

thor999 Regular member

Nope. Using PowerDVD, switch to next audio track button is grayed out, inactive. Does that mean mt file only has 1 track? Can I add the right track to it at this point? Right clicking gets me nowhere, BTW.

7. vamsilak

vamsilak Regular member

how about right click scroll down there should be prefernce or config option and choose from there

8. thor999

thor999 Regular member

I can enter certain parts when not in a movie but, trust me, I checked every possible scroll down menu and could not find a solution.