1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bRitAIN

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by forkman, Apr 20, 2004.

1. madbaz

madbaz Member

15 on the field. They only get abusive if you dont satisfy them lol

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

well im in west oz, we kick arse at cricket and rugby, i remember beating the poms at soccer last year i think, our footballers dont wear any padding. oh and its almost winter and still 30C, perfect for a surf

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

oh, and soccers a ballerina sport played by people who are better actors than athletes. Dive anyone?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ha ha - that sounds like a comment from someone who doesnt play football. I come home from my matches evert week with cuts, scrapes and bruises. Soccer is a far rougher sport than a lot fo people realised. Id rather be pushed to the ground in RUgby than have someone slide tackle you when running at pace.

Out of all the mentioned sports, soccer is the most skilfull of them all. Its easy to catch a ball and run with it, and hell i can play cricket - just swing the bat and a ball. But soccer, try taking a ball down on ur chest from a goalkeeper kick, or try catching it first time on a volley or even controlling a heavy hit pass. You'd all go home crying to your mothers i tell you/

Rugby - HA - its a pile of piss
    Cricket - HAHAHA - its even worse

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

That soccor comment was a poster ad here in Canada for the Italian channel. The only channel to really show soccor. Mainly because girls like Oriphus play it. Hee Hee.

Now Hockey, thats on all the channels and everyone hits the streets for some street slashing. But my faviorite sport has always been cycling. Speed and Mountain. Watch the BC tours with crazy cyclests. Thats Canada, rough and balanced off road cycling.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Grrr.....;-)

Hoceky is full of poofs as well. Look at all the protection they wear in case they get cold or get a wee cut or something. I'll have more respect for them if they were playing in shorts and a t-shirt and sliding about on the ice. Ice Hockey - HA - butch of sissies lol

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Are you not telling us something? I thought you played Soccor for the sport of it, I didn't know they was an underling reason. :p

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I play soccer because i love it to pieces. But its also a great way to impress girls and keep fit. Why...what were u hinting at ;-)

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Well it is one of the reasons why guys play American football. The tight uniforms, reaching to get the balls, I mean ball. Hee Hee.

I bet Britain would be nice. Today, Toronto high is only 9C. And the clouds and rain are also normal.

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Throughout the year, Toronto has far better weather than Britain, but i dont live in Britain, so i wouldnt know lol. Ireland is very beautiful, but as dela will testify, its also very wet

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Badminton is the only true man's sport. Everything else is for wannabe men.

12. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

What about syncronized swimming. now thats a Mans sport. The timing is critical.

13. madbaz

madbaz Member

For shear toughness it would have to be lacrosse. We dont have it in Oz but seen it a couple of times on tv and it looks pretty wild. The annual aussie rules/galic football series usually gets pretty rough too.

As for soccer, Id rather be tripped over by Beckham than crunched by Shane Webke or Jonah Lomu. Easier to bring a ball down with your chest than to bring a ball down in a line out 12 feet in the air.

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm still with hockey being the toughest. Not only do you have to be an outstanding skater (no small feat in of itself) but you also have to master being able to expertly work a little rubber puck around with a stick at the same time.

I see it this way, the less teeth the average player has, the rougher the sport :)

15. Vular

Vular Member

Lets not forget the high speed.....it would be a death sport if thay had no protection with the sharp skates and sticks flying around.

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Come on lads - who u all kidding - if u were any good at it u would like it - but since u r all crap at it, tehn i guess thats why u like other sports...

17. bird1234

bird1234 Member

Oriphus, I could place yet another post stating that your football is for wannabe hockey players, or that the puck is to small for you since your getting old and blind as a bat or something like that. But i am prepared to set a truce here. I will no longer say anything mean or nasty about football, if don't say any more about hockey. Or we could keep this going till the end of time. Your pick.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon XP-M 2500, oc'd 10*233
    512 OCZ EL Dual Channel PC4200
    2x120GB SE WD, 2 Maxtor 160GB, 1 WD 36gb Raptor
    Radeon 9700pro
    Liteon 401s, Liteon 48X24X48X16
    "Death smiles at us all, all a man can really do is smile back" Maximus[/small]

Last edited: May 4, 2004
  18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - im afriad it will probably go on for a long time. I will try not to say anything nasty, but dRD and i went through this a year ago and its still going :D

As i said then, i actually think Hockey is a more respectible sport than Rugby, which is just big fat bastards who are shite at everything else. The first Rugby team was made up of a lot of football rejects in my opinion....

19. bird1234

bird1234 Member

I'll agree with you on that one, but a fact that i heard awhile ago is that soccer players are the dumbest athletes. Reason why, do to the amount of brain injuries that occur from using their head's so much. Even boxers were smarter. Kicked in the heads with cleats, bloody shins, broken legs, not to mention serious concussions, and they still continue to play, see less brain power, not more manly.

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - there are four premiership players that have law degrees, ill let u guess which they are...