1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadband

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by MNA, Dec 28, 2005.

1. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

I do agree that NTL's customer service is bad, you are waiting for ages on the phone listening to endless options, but i have never had a problem with the actual broadband. would consider BT myself if it would use cable. I'm not redecorating to refit the cables!

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

well for me the customer service is great for broad band,ring them up...(after 5 mins of music) your put onto the department your seeking, for me its ALWAYS the same person everytime(a broad band guy named Amit).. always tend to sort it, and besides 2 years without a single problem with the acual broad band is great for me,ive only ever rang them a few times and that was to ask about there NTL netgaurd program, it has a ok anti virus, its a complete pile of crap though in the end used it for a month and thats it.

anyway NTl broad band is very decent and i recomend it, how ever i dont recomemd the NTL netgaurd to any one though, but fair play to them for offering a free internet security program.

3. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

MNA, i live in Birmingham UK aswell, and i have Tiscali broadband 1MB and i have never had any problems with it...i only pay £14.99 a month for 1MB unlimited aswell...Check out tiscalis deals they're good...also i asked them about 2MB and they say they are upgrading me in the next fw months for the same price

4. MNA

MNA Regular member

@Nicklt
    The only problem I'm haning is with Tiscali is that they gave me a package which has a 2gb download cap,this is the wrong package and how come they're going to to give you 2mb for the same price?Thanks

5. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

To be honest mate i dont know why they are giving me the same price, i think its just a good deal ^^ does seem strange now that i think about it, but i'm not going to ask them why just in case :) Give em a ring and see what they say about what deals they have

6. MNA

MNA Regular member

Can you download as much as you want on your current package?

7. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

Yeah, its never ending i have downloaded about 100GB of films in one day and that was fine

8. MNA

MNA Regular member

Well that's what I'm tryng to figure out I still haven't got an e-mail for upgrading my package to unlimited.As I have said I have upgraded and I have received the wrong package.Could you give me a link to the upgrading page,just to make sure it's the same?Thanks

9. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

10. MNA

MNA Regular member

Yes that's exactly the same as mine and I guess I just have to be patient then.I've ONLY been waiting 3 weeks.

11. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

ok, let me know what happens please

12. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

MNA

havent you already posted the 'Broadband' question in another thread ?

i use ntl 10mb like i posted in the last one lol

used to live in coventry and had ntl there , Whoever said ntl tech support was good gimme the good phone number because ntl have shifted there customer services to new delhi and its the [bold]poorest customer[/bold] service that any damn network could have , all the answers are you have a virus , no sorry you have a virus , are you sure its not a virus..........and all this for 4our wait times charged at 50 soddin p a minute Give me BT anyday

no matter who choose as your provider you will always get a cap mine is 75/100gb on average

my advice is phone up a few see what they offer or browse the web lol
    only you know what you want and need

13. MNA

MNA Regular member

I think I didn't make a thread and if I did it was the wrong thread so I created one on here.I think I posted the question in the 'Azureus' thread.Anyway my other package I had was unlimited and I think you can get broadband which are unlimited download because as I said my previous package was unlimited.

14. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

NTL 1mb is unlimited according to the website.

(any faster and they slap a limit on)

if you can't get enough through a 1mb connection then you are not using it properly (see the azureus threads, people with a 1mb connection are getting some amazing download speeds, it's all in the settings)

you really only need faster if you are downloading 20 movies at the same time.

15. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

No NTL 1mb has a 3gb on it, its only sometimes they enforce the limit , theres no such thing as unlimited (not downloads anyway) BB just read the small print :p

16. brizzo

brizzo Member

For any Aussie broadband users out there I am currently very happy with Telstras braodband package but I wold never recommend using bordernet isat I have had a lovely shiny sat on my roof for 6 months and unfortunately it was soooooooooooo unreliable in my out in the sticks area that I have not been able to get it working but I am still forcd to pay the monthly charge for the next 8 months more they SUCK!!!!!!!! I am now with telstra broadband ADSL not sat but I'm extremely impressed with their service even if I have to pay more for alot less i.e 400mb for the price of 1000mb. S all you aussies out there stick with telstra.

17. MNA

MNA Regular member

@celticfc1
    There is unlimited downloads,because I had it on my previous package.I downloaded so much and the price was the same.

18. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

Lol most ive taken in a month is 400gb , but companies are getting wise and are starting to limit bandwidth so that people on the lower tiers can have extra or more

19. MNA

MNA Regular member

@celticfc1
    Ok cool,I see.What do you download anyway,wort of 400gb?Movies,games,software you must download like 100 of each.lol

20. celticfc1

celticfc1 Regular member

Varies m8 , depends what i want and need or what friends or business use is required :)