1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken DS (because of battery?)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shaken, Sep 12, 2007.

1. shaken

shaken Member

OK one day about a year ago I played my DS. After I was done, I threw it in my backpack but after I pulled it out later, it wouldn't turn on. When I try to charge it, it will only charge for a second before it stops. Is this because of my battery being broken, or is there some other problem?

2. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

have you tried different chargers? also, maybe the charger socket thing on the ds is a little messed up.

3. shaken

shaken Member

Well, I might need a different charger, but it was very sudden. If the part inside of the ds is messed up, what can I do about that?

4. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

It could be that you just "threw it" into your backpack. It's possible that it got banged up in your back pack.

5. shaken

shaken Member

Well it could have been banged up but my DS has been through much worse then being thrown into a backpack. It had charge when I turned it off. Its as though the battery suddenly drained itself.

6. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

if you do need to get a replacement battery, then buy one online. the only one i know for now is at dealextreme.com they sell an extra internal bettery and i think it includes the screwdriver to unscrew the ds apart

7. shaken

shaken Member

They sell batterys on ebay for 3 or so dollars so I think I'll just do that.