1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broken dvd surround sound

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by daithi55, May 31, 2010.

1. daithi55

daithi55 Regular member

have a panasonic home theatre system everytime i try play a dvd in it it keeps opening and closing any ideahow if it how it can be fixed

im situated in ireland and any help would be much appreciated

2. JVC

JVC Active member

What does this have to do with the original question?

3. 3rizlas

3rizlas Member

sorry I cant help Daithi, I actually came here to ask the same thing...my philips dvd player/surround sound is fecked. the drawer wont open or close and i cant change function onto aux, so i cant use the surround sound for the telly. There was a DVD stuck in there and I thought that was causing the problem but I got that out by turning it upside down and opening the tray with a release switch (advice read somewhere online). When the drawer opened a snapped rubber band came out as well. I suspect this will cost more to fix than it's worth & I don't have a funny head screw driver to see if i can fix it myself.

So what are my options? can I just get a Philips (or any other brand) surround sound system without the speakers? the speakers are fine, but have "easy-fit" connections. I hope i am wrong, but I wouldn't imagine that these are industry standard, can I change them?

all advice welcome, but I am really looking for a cheap fix

4. aldan

aldan Active member

i take it that this is a home theatre in a box?when my samsung bit the dust after a little more than a year i bit the bullet and bought a yamaha htr-6250.best move i ever made.all i had to do was buy a cheap bluray player and use my existing speakers.blows the home theatre in a box all to hell.had to buy a powered sub as well.under 1000.00 cdn.

5. 3rizlas

3rizlas Member

sorted, all i needed was a torx screwdriver and a 19mm belt, got them both in maplin. a simple job. total cost = €12

6. daithi55

daithi55 Regular member

goin to do something similar goin to get a bluray player
    and connect them together with an optical cable skint at the moment cant afford a good setup yet

7. daithi55

daithi55 Regular member

mine is grinding it opens and closes ok id say one of the gears in it is slipping or worn might try the lads in maplins the might no whats up

thanks every1 for the replies