1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken USB port on TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Chris_1, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Hi I have an lg50pk350 plasma which has a USB port on it which I use for watching movies and tv shows off my external hd. When moving my tv this morning my external hd fell of the shelf and yanked out of the TVs USB. Since then it will not work. I have looked in and one of the pins in the TVs USB seem to have snapped, and when I attach my external hd's USB it feels quite loose.

Just wondering how difficult will this be to fix? I won't be able to do it myself so what kind of price am I looking at? Is it a difficult procedure that's going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks a lot Chris.

2. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Hooked the hard drive up to my xbox's USB for a temp measure.

3. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Bump bump...

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

All you have to do is remove the back cover and unsolder the old USB port and replace it.It shouldn't be that hard unless you don'y jave any experience at all with electronics.Here is a sample video from youtube.There are a lot of them you can look at that might help you.

http://youtu.be/SXqSg2A5b7I

5. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

I dont have any experience with electronics but u will check that video out and see if it's something I could attempt myself cheers mate.