1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browsing the Internet

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by haduke, Jun 25, 2007.

1. haduke

haduke Guest

Can anyone help me figure out how to browse the internet with my Xbox? I have tried EVERY way and EVERY tutorial I can find and it seems that I must be missing something somewhere.

I can't get Linksbox to work at all, and I can't get the internet related things in XBMC to work either.

I have my Xbox linked to my PC with a crossover cable. Then I have a seperate ethernet card in my PC that I use to link to my cable modem. So basically I have my Xbox linked to my PC, my PC linked to my cable modem (seperate cables), and then my modem goes to the internet. I have 5MB per sec internet speed if that helps.

I have no problems FTPing at all. So I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone offer me some help on getting this thing set up so I can use my Xbox online? Many thanks and appreciation to anyone who can assist me.

2. IChrisI

IChrisI Member

I think you need to set up your pc to assign ip (dhcp) so your computer assigns your box the appropriate info. run the network wizard and tell it all other computers connect to the internet through your computer.