1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bsod 0x0000e

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by stmaniac, Mar 6, 2013.

1. stmaniac

stmaniac Member

For the last couple of months my asus g74sx laptop keeps restarting, what happens is everything freesesz I get the blue screen of death than when I reboot my computer I get the following message
    Windows/systems32/winload.exe
    0Xc000000e
    The selected entry code could not be loaded because the application is missing.
    What does the message mean and how do I fix it? Just a side not, I have used the installation repair start up a least a dozen times. It hasn’t fixed it!! I replaced my main hard drive with a new hard drive, but decided to keep the old main drive and use it as the back up. For a while when I would boot my computer it was either ask me to pick which OS I wanted to use or it lunch start up repair, could the problem im having now be related? Would reinstalling windows fix the problem? If I cant fix it, would I be better off replaceing it with something else? I am ready to trow in the towl with this computer I have had problems with it since almost day 1. I guess that's what you get for buying from best buy!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

disable the old drive to see what happens.