1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSOD Memory Management 0x0000001a

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by arrgghh, Nov 19, 2011.

1. arrgghh

arrgghh Member

Recently my pc randomly restarted, after it would't boot. It was stuck on the windows 7 loading screen. I then held in the power button to restart, after it said it did not start correctly and asked if i would like to run a system recovery, so i said yes. It started running the recovery and said it was analyzing for errors. Then the pc got a BSOD during the recovery. After that the pc gets a BSOD (Memory Management 0x0000001a) right upon boot up, I even tried booting from cd to run a recovery but it wont even boot a cd without getting the BSOD. Any suggestions on what might be going on? I am asssuming it is telling me that a memory module is not working, but it seems so unlikely that it would die like that. Plz help.

2. fandr78

fandr78 Regular member

One way to test your memory,is to take remove a stick and start your PC and see if the problem persists. If so, replace the stick you took out and remove another one and so on. Another way,if you get a chance to start your PC with all your Memory installed. Click on Control Panel,then admin tools,then windows memory Diagnostic. It will ask you to restart and once it restarts,it will test your memory.

EDIT: Did you recently make any changes to your computer... Hardware,software.. ETC

Let me know if this works.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. arrgghh

arrgghh Member

I will try running memtest and see what results i get. I will post results.