1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget PC

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Inbntly, Feb 22, 2008.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, you need to install the "chipset drivers" for your motherboard. they'll be on the CD that came with it.

2. Inbntly

Inbntly Member

Ok I'll be able to tell you a little clearer when I get home about what different things I can do on the CD, I'm at work right now. But would you happen to know what that would be under in the menus?

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

it should be labelled chipset drivers, or "USB2 driver", specifically.

4. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

just install all necessary drivers, then it should be fine.

@Sam
    Assassins Creed is an awesome game, the graphics is awesome...

5. Inbntly

Inbntly Member

Ok Its up and running, the only problem was that I think since I was in the BIOS and what not the usb plugs wouldn't work.. I found an older mouse with a normal plug-in and borrowed my friends keyboard that had the normal plug-in. After that and finding a windows xp CD, I installed it and everything seems to be running smoothly.

The only thing I noticed was under system in my control panel.. it states that I am running 3.5G of RAM. Is this accurate? If so what could be causing this? The only thing that I have noticed that isn't working is my reset switch, and the 2 LED's in the front for the reset LED, and the Power LED.

I installed WoW on my computer and started up my account again and noticed that it runs much faster, also a little game called Audiosurf that I have I can run at max detail with x8 anti Aliasing, and is quite a visual experience.. I couldn't even run it with advanced graphics on the old PC.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

3.5GB is correct, that's the maximum that 32-bit windows can read, not the full 4GB.

Audiosurf rocks! It's a really enjoyable game, if rather more graphically demanding than it should be!

The reset switch and LEDs are probably just connected in the wrong place, or the wrong way round. Check your motherboard manual for the right connections for them. The coloured wire is positive, the white wire is negative.