1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build a pc stictly for gaming

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by ThePit, Apr 8, 2009.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

By the way, most 360 games do start native at 1280x720, so for a 720p image, they're not being upscaled. 1080 though, they almost always are.

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Well if I had to choose between the two, It would definitely be a 360 hands down.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Tbh, the graphics quality on a console is so poor I tend not to consider my choice based on which has better graphics. The 360 wins out on price and the list of games, not to mention better instrument cross-compatibility for Rock Band.

4. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

what PC game would you say comes close the visuals of KIllzone 2?

the thing with PCs are they need to run an OS and other programs etc etc. Games have to be made with optomisations on the millions of different hardware configs available.

BUT with consoles, its one config and thats it. so the developers can take their time optomising the Game for one hardware.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Er, I dunno, any game in the last couple of years?

6. shaffaaf

shaffaaf Regular member

you played killzone 2 yet sam? looks so sexy! not crysis dx10 sexy but then its not set inlush jungles

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Can't since I don't own a PS3, but I have no intention of buying a console for one. The game's graphics are better than average for a console, but still very poor compared to a PC.

8. ThePit

ThePit Regular member

I like how I made this thread about a pc strictly for gaming with no os or atleast a very limited one, and it has turned into a graphics war. I don't really care about graphics all that much because most of the games that have really good graphics generaly have piss poor gameplay or limited area to play in(fenced). Most rpgs for instance now days suck because of this. In my opinion rpgs should only be made on pc because of the limitless space available. To me if you could make a game like Fable 2 with the open world like say a sacred 2 or oblivion then that would be the ultimate rpg to play.

Oblivions fighting sucks and Fable 2's fenced in approach sucks. The RPG died after FF9 and until they make one with that type of go anywhere anytime philosophy then it will continue to be the same old crap day in day out.

The whole point of this would be so the developers could sell more copies because suddenly a game that may require 3gbs of ram to play now only takes 2, and so on. the cpu would not have to be as fast and really the only thing that would be needed would be a good video card. It was an idea that has went south I am afraid. But keep it up it is entertaining.

9. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I played Killzone 2 in HD. It was largely similar to FEAR 2. It would be a good candidate for a PC port as it's fairly sharp. Not mind blowingly amazing. But it looks really damn good for a console game. Though IMO Episode 2 on the 360 still beats it.

And just for the record, Oblivion's fighting kicks ass.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

To be fair, what you were asking was on extremely unlikely concept. Off-topic conversation perhaps isn't that welcome, but often happens when people pick up on the auxiliary points of a post.

The Gaming OS makes sense in principle, but realistically, you're halfway there by using Windows XP rather than Vista. I personally love the PC's ability to run all sorts of programs whilst gaming, It's just the extra RAM needed that's a pain, and XP isn't too bad in that regard, you only use up to 700-800MB even with loads of windows open. Vista on the other hand uses 1.7-2.6GB of RAM in the background which is a bit excessive for how few extra features it offers.