1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building A computer on a piece of wood (big picture inside, not for dial-up connections)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mikeh0303, Jul 9, 2007.

1. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

Ok, I have alwasy wanted to mount a computer on a wall and now I have my chance. I just got a motherboard from a friend (free), its a gigabyte socket 775 but it only takes 2GBs of memory total (all RAM slots can only have a max of 512MB each.) So, I am going to mount it on a piece of wood, connect one of the PSUs, hard drives, fans and other stuff i have lying around to it. Then I plan on buying 512mbs of ram, a terrible graphics card and the lowest end processor possible on a 775.

I really just want to do this for fun, i can't really answer you if you ask "why are you doing this".

I will post some pictures soon! Hopefully it will be cool, and if the right person comes along mabey i can sell it.

Pics:
    [​IMG]

ok, now i have a start, i will still have to do some building, but thats not a problem. its a good start, and nothing has fallen off.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Thats awesome, I wanna see that. Its like adding a Japanese touch to computers. I saw a case mae out of wood once, it looked pretty cool.

3. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

sorry the picture is so big, i was not able to edit

so far the back pannel is done, now i need to add some sides, but mabey I will leave it open for now

Picture when its on

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Now you could put a big ass fan right next to it. Awesome air cooling.