1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building A Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by bugrit, Nov 3, 2014.

1. bugrit

bugrit Member

Hi All,

I want to build my grandson a Gaming PC, I have built others in the past but a good few years ago now. I have never before built a gaming m/c. So I am a bit in the dark about what goes with what. Below is i think a list of the items I will need, I have a budget of £700.00, so I know it will not be a top of the range job. If I have missed anything off, please add it on. Thank you very much in advance:

The List

Case - I already have one.
    Full ATX Motherboard
    CPU
    16 GB RAM
    GPU
    HDD
    ??SSD??
    700W PSU
    Keyboard
    Gaming Mouse
    DVD Writer
    Speakers
    64 bit OS
    Wireless Card
    Joypad/Stick

2. approveme

approveme Newbie

Determine what processor (CPU) you want to use for your system. Currently, the two leading CPU companies are Intel and AMD. It might be more beneficial to find benchmarks and compare them with current prices.

Currently, the Intel i5 is the best option, in terms of performance in comparison to price. The i7 is more powerful but the benefit is minimal over the i5 and the price is much higher.
    A good entry-level option is the AMD Athlon II X4 640, while a good mid-range is the Intel Core i3-3220.

3. bugrit

bugrit Member

I would like to thank all the people that gave me advice on this thread, but it is all sorted now, again Thankyou.