1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

building a new computer

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by wabashman, Sep 30, 2006.

1. wabashman

wabashman Active member

hey everyone, we got a new computer at home, so i was going to take the old one and beef it up a little since its old and slow. i allready ordered a pioneer 111d, and a samsun sh-d162c dvd drives for it, and im going to put in my older dvd burner in it as well, so i have all that taken care of. so basically the only thing that i need for it is a new power supply (not sure what the old one is, but i doubt its big enough for 3 drives and all, cpu/mobo, and a cheap graphics card and a cheap sound card. the main thing the computer will be used for is backing up legal dvds and 360 games. and remember cheap is objective here fellows.
    thanks allready everyone.

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

sorry to post and then repost, but the pcu/mobo stuff needs to be compatible with a "HD CNTRL|SYBA SATA/IDE SY-VIA-150 R" other wise i wont be able to do anything to back up my 360 games and my little brother will continue to scratch the origonals to hell. thanks again everyone