1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a new PC help with which GPU to use pls.

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Ksan01, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Ksan01

Ksan01 Member

I m building a new computer for gaming and I will be using a 2500k I5 CPU on an ASUS p8z68-v MOBO. I will use 8GB ram. Now the problem I am trying to decide on how to fix is the GPU card. This will be my gaming computer but I am not a rich man, I was wondering which of the two would you guys use. A 5670 HD in crossfire or would go with just one GPU card like the Nvidia 560TI. I am just not sure which will give the most bang for the buck. I know the older 5670 HD cards are BEAST with the higher memory Bandwidth, so I just don't know. What do you guys think?

2. Ksan01

Ksan01 Member

I remember when this forum use to be, THE spot to come and get help on pretty much anything, years ago. WoW, how the might have fallen. OK thanks for the help, I went with the single card a Nvidia 560 TI.

3. gamerstudent

gamerstudent Regular member

You went with the right card from those two options. Later you can go SLI with two of those and then we will be talking about some serious performance...

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Even in this forum's heyday you didn't often get a response in under 8 hours. Anyone who did expect such would have been branded impatient. Thankfully you made the right choice of the two options.

5. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Yeah this is a rather late post as well but Sam is essentially right. Forums aren't exactly known for their Q&A turnaround times. Normally you make a post and check it the NEXT DAY. Not get miffed you didn't receive a reply in 8 hours. It's no wonder nobody posted as you had already made your choice before anyone could even get to it. Thankfully though you made the obvious correct choice of your two options.

Don't be discouraged if nobody answers a post right away. Afterdawn's forum is HUGE. I one sense this means that it's hard to find the right person to help, but when the help starts coming, our resident veterans start noticing and lend a hand.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

One Asus product is punishment enough!

7. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Well personally I wouldn't recommend an ASUS product with a gun to my head. They have literally the worst track record for failures in PC hardware history. Still have yet to see an ASUS motherboard newer than nForce 5 that lived longer than 6 months, and I'm talking very pricey hardware not just the budget stuff. Video card brands to avoid would be eVga, ASUS, Sapphire. Brands I'd recommend include XFX, HIS, Palit.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I don't think EVGA are as bad as they used to be..

9. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

As long as you buy a reference card of course. Their in-house third party designs are dire. I speak from experience. I suppose the same could be said of Sapphire though. As long as it's a reference design it never matters.