1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a pc from donated parts

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by nghtpnshr, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nghtpnshr

nghtpnshr Regular member

let me first note that if this is not allowed here just say so i'll remove it .

i am planning on building a pc and i was wondering how good of a pc could be built from part people donate.

if youd like to donate to this project please feel free to list here what youd like to donate.
    *NOTE any part donated will not be returned im sry this is a purely not used parts you have that you dont mind parting with. at this current moment i have some spare ram thats all i have at this perticular moment id like to do this as a hobby i have always been into pc's and i cant think of any better way of learning how to buld a pc than to actually do it. [ohh yeah i also have a 72GB HDD}

so if you got extra parts laying around feel free to donate them ill be running linux on it (if that makes a diff i dont think it will though)

So please if you wanna participate in this please do i see alot of threads where people say "ohh i just had it laying around and didnt need it" so i thought this would be a good way to toss out your juank to make my treasures please help me out id like to see how powerfull it could be and to any potential donators id like to thank you

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

It costs money to ship parts and you'll likely get a lot of outdated junk. Plus you're not likely to get a lot of sympathy unless you're doing it for a cause, so you probably won't see too many people rushing to UPS. If you want a free or nearly-free PC, you might be better off checking out your township dump, recycling center, or see if any corporate people you know have some PCs they want to get rid of. Hopefully, they're smart enough to wipe the hard drive first, but you can get decent PCs any of these ways.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

AD is not for buying, selling, trading, or otherwise giving away anything, at least openly on the forums. privately by PM is another matter. i'm going to request this be closed.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

..and as if by magic... 'pooof'..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.