1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a PC on a low budget. Need some help

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by JaguarGod, Nov 19, 2008.

1. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

^^^Thanks, but I already ordered all the components for my system.

This might be an option for my friend though. I have to see if he is definitely going to build a PC. If he is, then we might work on that build and figure it out based on his budget (less than mine as he does not do video editing, encoding, and such).

@sammorris,

I decided to go for the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, so I ordered that one as well. This way, if I do decide to play some games, I can always Crossfire, and I get some extra features. I figure, I will either take the DS3L back, use it for a 2nd build, or sell it for a small loss. Shipping was free, so it's no big deal.

Edit #2: I am looking for some type of wireless adapter for internet connection. I've always used a network card (no longer have one), but I see USB Adapters. Are these the same as a network card, or is that for something else? Also, what would work best (reliability).

The PC will be approx 30ft away from the router and there is 1 wall (plaster). In the room with the Router, there is a PC and a TV (with digital converter box). My room has a 2.4GHz wireless phone (base is in another room), a clock radio, LCD TV (direct connection to house antenna), PS3, PS2, VCR, and 5.1 DVD player.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008