1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

built in webcam to use a digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by hotton012, Jun 8, 2007.

1. hotton012

hotton012 Guest

hey there , just brought a new laptop , quite flash has all the features and what not.. but the problem is it has a built in webcam above the screen and i can only use this is msn.. does someone know som sort of software so i can use my webcam to take a photo? as i cant seem to find a programme to use this webcam other than msn messenger. thanks?

2. salinger

salinger Regular member

I have a PC just like yours. What you do is go to My Computer and look for your webcam; then click on the icon with the webcam/camcorder on it and it should open a windows where you get to see yourself. Next, look on the right at the tool bar and simply click on "take snapshot"; thats all there is to it

However, if it is not under My Computer, the take the installation disk you got with the PC and look for the "drivers". These allow you to activate hardware such as webcams. Once you find the webcam driver, simply install it and proceed to step 1.

Hope this helps...dont hesitate to ask for more help if you need some.

3. hotton012

hotton012 Guest

hey there.. yer i tryd the my computer and couldnt find the webcam n e where.. also i didnt get a instalation disk computer came setup they done it in the shop. im useing windows vista so when i go to my computer it has c drive d drive and dvd drive and my sharing folders thats all? also in the start menu is a search bar where i typed webcam camcorder but didnt turn back no results??

4. salinger

salinger Regular member

What computer brand do you have? Be VERY specific, becuase i might be able to find you a driver.

5. hotton012

hotton012 Guest

hey dude.. not to watse ya time but i just found a little piece of paper in my box that i got an i found out what i had to do... i had to click on quickplay button on the keyboard then do a few things from there but i got it sorted! thanks for ya help dude! its people like you that make this a great place to look for help! cheers!

6. salinger

salinger Regular member

Thanks a lot man...i'll help you anytime; just send a message.

7. hotton012

hotton012 Guest

swet as dude! add my msn account... hotton_012@hotmail.com its alot quicker to reply through email ;)