1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn 2 DVDs at same time?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by sfxgeek, Feb 24, 2005.

1. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

Anyone know of a way I can utilize my 2 DVD burners to burn 2 Discs at the same time? I need to make 220 copies and don't want to tie up both computers for so long. I know I can take it to a duplication house but it saves we a ton of coin if I do it myself. Anyone know of a way?
    Thanks in advance.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Nero has the option for using multiple burners.

3. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

I've got Nero, it supports multiple drives, but I can't burn to them both at the same time. Unless I'm missing something/ some setting??
    Please fill em in.

Thanks

4. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

you're not missing anything! Nero supports multiple drives , but you don't have the capability to write to multiple drives at the same time. I have been trying to find out how to do the same thing. No luck yet!

5. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

I figured it out, and I don't have identical burners with the same firmware. You need to enter an older serial number for Nero and then open Nero Burning ROM, go to the burn tab and voila a little box that you can check for multiple burners. Check the box and then highlight (CTRL click your burners). Works like a hot dam now. BTW I have one burner internal (IDE) and one in a firewire inclosure hooked up via firewire.

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

With alcohol120% & with nero, It will burn the same movie onto 3 blank dvds, at the same time, with my 3 108s. BTW, that is with nero burning ROM of course!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2005
  7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

sfxgeek, are you trying to copy 2 DIFFERENT movies at the same time? If so, forget it.

8. Flyeramx

Flyeramx Member

Yes,
    Open up Alcohol 120 and set your dvd(s) up to copy or you can open it up, set it up to copy then open another session of Alcohol 120 and copy something entirely different to the other drive.

Ron

9. Flyeramx

Flyeramx Member

Ooops,

After reading my last post, it was kind of confusing.
    Ok.. Open a session of Alcohol 120 and, for example, Copy DVD A to Burner B. Then, while that is working, open another session of Alcohol 120 and AT THE SAME TIME, burn say, an .iso file to Disc E from Drive C. (if you have (2) burners, that is). I do it all the time...