1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn a xbox game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by maaten, Apr 27, 2005.

1. maaten

maaten Guest

hi!I downloaded Fifa street and made it to an iso file, but when i burnt it,and i putted it in the xbox. it wouldnt start!!! Why??

i burnt it with nero.

i have tried with dvd decrypter on max speed. CD Details:

Verbatim DVD-R 8* certified

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2005
  2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

hi.need more details.what discs are you using?what speed did you burn at?

use dvd decrypter (http://www.dvddecrypter.com) and burn the iso at 2X maximum.make sure to use good discs also.Ritek GO4 work a treat for me.some would recommend Taiyo Yuden.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  3. wannapork

wannapork Member

I'm new at this. So I can back up my games with the decriptor and play them in my xbox? Is that all cause I read that I would need some kind of a chip and install it in the xbox system. I tried opening my first xbox a couple of weeks ago because it would not eject one of my games but I wasnt able to. So if I need a chip I'm sure I would need to open the console. Any tips would be nice. Also the xbox made a perfect ring on my Halo 2 game and I tried playing it on my new xbox and it cant read it. Is there anything that I can use to fix it.

Thanks again for any info.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you need a mod chip to play back-ups on discs. with a bigger hard drive and a soft mod, you can store games on the Xbox and play them from that.

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

lol.you were trying to play a backup with an unmodded xbox?

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that's the way it appears.

7. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

some people.

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it wouldn't be so annoying if sometimes the people that come here to learn took their time to search through the many, nicely detailed threads on this stuff...i mean, at what point does this become totally redundant? oh well...as long as they learn, progress is made.

9. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

true.true.

10. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

#1 question===== have you done this before? if you have and you were successful, then it is probably a media problem or you downloaded a fake iso.
    #2 if you haven't done this before, it could be almost anything under the sun. We don't know if you have a modded xbox, if you burned the iso using the correct options within your dvd burning software, you say that you made it into an iso... did you just extract a winrar archive into an iso or did you actually create the iso using an xiso utility?

2X max?? oh my god that is sllllllllllllowwww! I've heard a number of people say this but I burn at 8X with any name brand media (Sony,Verbatim,Fuji,TDK etc.) and they all work great with no slow down.

11. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

Bohefus,read the above posts.he hasnt done any modifications to his xbox.he was trying to play a backup on an out of the box box.thats what the problem is.

yeah,thats why i do it at 2X.because ive seen so many people say it on here.i never used to use isos much (before i discovered dvd decrypter,it was nero for everything i did so it was nrg's all the way) so i just sorta got this urge to always select 2X (or even 1X sometimes) for fear of a dreaded coaster if i didnt.i dont really care for myself as i use 4X discs anyways and my writer will i think only go to 4X so i just click burn and go have a cup of tea.