1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn "audio files" to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by scc, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. scc

    scc Member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2004
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Is there a way to burn my audio files to a DVD-R, essentially creating an "audio DVD" (not a DVD-Audio disc)?

    Reason being that I have a dvd player in my car, and I'd rather burn a few DVDs of audio (uncompressed, of course) than try to carry 100 CD-Rs of crap.

    Alternatively, is there a way to burn MP3 DVDs?

    Thanks!
     
  2. Dunker

    Dunker Regular member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,290
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    I don't know of a way other than to make a DVD-A, and I don't even know how to do that, but putting MP3s on a DVD is ok. Problem is, very few devices will recognize MP3s on a DVD for some reason, even though they're fine with a CD. Burn a few on a disc and see. Try some WAV files as well for better quality than MP3 can give.
     
  3. IHoe

    IHoe Senior member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2005
    Messages:
    4,742
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    116
    I use Nero Express to burn MP3 DVDs! And my player at home plays the music just fine! Make sure your DVD player plays MP3s and you're fine! Mine does. I can fit over 1200 songs on my DVD and the only problem I have is locating the song I want! LOL just use the skip or fast forward button. Works for me just fine.
     
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  4. Dunker

    Dunker Regular member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2006
    Messages:
    1,290
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    True, but it seems that a lot of devices still don't support MP3 on DVD for some reason. I don't see any technical reason why: Any device that can read both CD and DVD has all the hardware and software libraries necessary to read MP3 on DVD. Go figure.
     

Share This Page