1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn avi onto cd?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rappa69, Oct 5, 2002.

1. rappa69

rappa69 Member

i downloaded a avi format dvd movie off of kazaa and i want to know how to put it on a cd-r or cd-rw to play on my dvd player

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You need to re-encode the video into VideoCD (VCD). This will weaken the picture quality -- in some cases (depends on your source, but if the movie is single-CD DivX, it has already a bad quality in terms of encoder) this will weaken the quality to almost unwatchable.

Other option is to convert it to SuperVideoCD (SVCD), if your DVD player supports SVCD -- most modern players do.

Process for both is pretty similiar -- re-encoding with TMPGEnc and horrible problems with audio if the audio happens to be in AC3 (normally not in one CD "Kazaa releases"), but fairly simple if in MP3.

Anyway, check out our guide section -- there's a guide for converting DivX + subs to VCD + permanent subs. If you don't need subtitles, jump dirctly to TMPGEnc part.