1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn AVI to CD-R and play in stand-alone DVD player

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Frankie15, May 18, 2004.

1. Frankie15

Frankie15 Guest

I have a stand-alone DVD player that supports the DivX format. Now I'm trying to burn .avi files and the .srt files to a single CD-R and play it directly on the DVD player. I'm using Nero Burning Rom 6. When I burned the CD-R, Nero says that the burn was succesful. The movie also plays perfect on my PC but when I put it in the DVD player it just does nothing. What am I doing wrong? I'm burning it as Data CD (CD Rom ISO option in Nero Burning Rom 6). I also ticked the box to finalise the CD etc etc.. Can anyone please help me? Many thanks in advance.

2. Manngo

Manngo Member

just a small idea.
    Check codec versions. What can read the player (manual), and what is used in the divx (Gspot)?
    have a look at the allowed length of filenames.
    I dont know much about divx players, but probably a directory structure is needed. Use Google.

3. Frankie15

Frankie15 Guest

Hi, thank you for the quick answer. The thing is that my colleage at work burned some avi's at home for me and there seems to be no problem with those in my DVD player. I also did an upgrade on the firmware and it is not better. I suppose I'm doiing something wrong when I'm burning but I have no idea what...

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

your probably not doing anything wrong at all, my guess would be the dvd player is not able to read the version of the codec ur avi uses, as manngo states check the manual for all codecs and versions that are supported, then check with gspot to see if the avi is one of those supported in the list. if your avi has a codec or codec version that is not supported by ur player looks like ur'll have no choice but to re-encode to another format.

cheerz
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I'MMM GEEKIN OUT!!!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2004
  5. Frankie15

Frankie15 Guest

Hi, the problem is solved. I had to test the CD with Nero CD-DVD speed to check the overburn capacity. In Nero itself I wrote 83 minutes but the CD's only can take about 81 Min 50 Sec. When I change the overburn settings in Nero the problem is solved. It plays perfectly on DVD player and on PC.
    Thank you all for your help. I wanted to write the solution so maybe anyone with the same problem can see what the solution is...