1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn CD without any pauses??

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by pinokia, Oct 13, 2004.

1. pinokia

pinokia Member

I have the audio files ripped from a DVD live concert which I adore. The idea was converting it into an audio cd so I could hear it my car, the only problem is when it comes to changing from one track to another thereĀ“s always that tick that I cannot get rid of.
    I use Nero, tried to give it a 0 sec. interval, tried activating the eliminate silence opton, but nothing.
    Can anyone help me out? Another software maybe? A solution?

Thanks

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Use a Sound editor -- where you can load that wave and visualize that "tick" -- It will show on your screen after spreading , as a sharp peak on the waveform.

Editors like SoundForge or Wavelab or Goldwave , all have a tool where you just highlight over that peak and eliminate that "tick". Either by trimming it or in the case of Soundforge by smoothing it out with the pencil tool.

3. pinokia

pinokia Member

Nero has an editor and I took a look. At the end of the file it has a straight line as in "nothing".I eliminated that piece but still notice the changing of lanes.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You can do it with Nero Wave Editor !

Load the wave in -- Play it and watch as the time goes by -- listen closely -- you will hear the tick and at the same time SEE the spike on your wave : NOTE the time. !

Stop the play. Now using the ZOOM tool ( the one with a RED +) -- expand your wave -stretch that time representation - paying attention where that spike is.With your cursor just ahead of the spot where it is at -- you can play it and hear it.

Once you have isolated that spike on your screen -- Highlight (drag your mouse across it)the spike itself , careful to get the width of that spike only -- Then click EDIT ---> Delete.

Play the sound again and that tick will be gone.

Start all over with the other ticks you have.

Note: this is a crude way of doing it but removing less then .0001 of a second wont mess up your wave.

I suggested to you other programs --> they are SOUND EDITORS -- they have abilities Nero does not have.

Regards

5. LouV68

LouV68 Member

pinokia,

The best program I've tried for the same problem you are having is Feurio. You can download a fully functional Trial Version at - www.feurio.com You don't need to edit anything. There is a setting that reads something like - "minimize pauses" and this will seamlessly connect your tracks without the annoying ticks you're getting. This program blows Nero away.