1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Divx/Xvid to DVD

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by FHE, Aug 19, 2006.

1. FHE

FHE Guest

I just bought a Divx/Xvid dvd player and i want to know how to get the movies to play on the player.

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Use your burning software e.g. Nero. Start a DVD-ROM compilation and just drag and drop your AVI's (or .DIVX) into it and click Burn.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Guys, FHE has a DivX/XviD DVD player and doesn't need to transcode AVIs to MPEG2 anymore.
    FHE, just burn the AVI movie to the root of a blank CD (or ~5 AVIs to the root of a blank DVD).
    Pop 'em in the player and they should just play :^)
    Note: multiple AVIs on a DVD should show up like chapters... only each 'chapter' is like ~2 hours long, LoL.
    Regards

5. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

if you have a DivX/Xvid player then just use the divx/xvid player on your computer. on the right hand side there will be a cd. click and drag whatever divx movie you want to burn to the disc. when you have put all of the ones you want, hit BURN!

6. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

That's what I mean, don't use DVD-Video mode or junk like that. Just burn a regular DVD-ROM with AVI files. No need to transcode or do anything.

7. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yeah, sorry - I saw this and read "Start a DVD-Video compilation".
    But you were saying just burn 'em with Nero, right? The whole 'start a compilation' thing threw me off...
    Just burn 'em,
    L8R

8. tehliwah

tehliwah Guest

anybody help...please. i am having problem with my burning. why is it that some of the discs i have burned freezes and stops whilst some are ok? i apply the same method. am using nero7 and burning .avi files which i have downloaded and subbed using Virtualdub(video compression XVID MPEG4), burning speed is at 4x. thanks in advance.

9. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

The media you are using is always the prime suspect. What kind is it? Use only media that is Made in Japan (MIJ), with the sole exception of Verbatim, which is also top-notch stuff.

10. tehliwah

tehliwah Guest

hi dunker... thanks!took ur advice and tried burning using LG discs. out of the 25 discs i have burned, 4 got the same problem. Discs made in japan are not easily available. Sony discs are made in taiwan. have also tried a couple only and so far it seems ok.could it be that my burner is too sensitive???

11. theridges

theridges Guest

Make Sure you dont have to many applications Running Why You Burn,Try to keep CPU Usage Down to a minimum so the Buffer Can Stay Up......other than that do what he told you get good Media Check Newegg.com for Deals on Taiyo Yuden and Ritek.....Burn at 4x and you should be ok

12. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Partially. Almost every burner has media it likes and doesn't like, as does every DVD player. Also, your burner may have been made before some kinds of media were available. Updating the firmware from the manufacturer's website to the latest version, or using one from rpc1.org, usually fixes that. Not always, but usually.

You can get Japanese media from sites like supermediastore.com, meritline.com, etc. Look for Taiyo-Yuden, esp. the premium stuff. Even with shipping it's usually cheaper than the store-bought stuff, or at least close. I always burn at 4x speed or less, as that reduces the chances of problems.

13. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

i have had simaler probs with my div dvd player and i found that it depends on which encoders are used. i had problems with some audio codecs that it too would freeze it when there was no sound and some that would not work at all. the best advice i could give you is burn a few that use different codecs audio and video and see which yours likes. youll lose some disk now but save in the future. mine loves xvid/divx and lame

14. reef

reef Member

Guys,

With divx DVD players, do those AVIs need to be in the root folder, or can they be in subdirectories? I don't have a player yet but will probably be picking one up tonight.

Thanks.

15. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

They can be in subfolders though that makes for less-convenient navigation, at least on the 642. I prefer the xvid/Divx files all in the root directory.

16. reef

reef Member

17. reef

reef Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  18. shannon38

shannon38 Member

I have Bit Comet and I want to burn a xvid to DVD how can I do this. Somebody please help.

19. tnarulz

tnarulz Member

BitComet is a Bit Torrent application, in order to burn dvd's your going to need some burning software, I'd recommend Nero. Everyone has their faves so I'm sure there will be some different suggestions.

I'm sure you can use your imagination (and BitComet) how to get Nero (don't believe that it's okay anymore to come right out and say it so I'll play it safe)

20. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I assume you want to leave it in Divx format, right? Just open Nero Burning Rom, select the DVD-ROM compilation (the default one when you start) and just drag your files onto the left-hand side folders and burn.

If you're going to use any kind P2P make sure to download and run Peerguardian when doing so. Also, be aware that half the stuff on there is spam (in the form of DRMed files that you have to pay for to unlock) or is viruses and trojans (in just about any kind of file, especially executable programs). Make sure ALL your player software e.g. Winamp is the latest and don't run anything that requires that you install new "codecs" or "licenses" or wants you to buy something.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006