1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn DVD-content on CD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by realraven, Sep 5, 2003.

1. realraven

realraven Guest

hi!

is it possible to burn short movies (10-15 minutes) on a ordinary CD with DVD-quality using an ordinary CD-burner? It should be possible :)

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Yes, I don't see why not. Just keep in mind many stand alone DVD players don't read CD-R; especially older ones.

3. realraven

realraven Guest

How then? I use Nero but I have no idea how to create an dvd-image or whatever is needed.

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Use DVD Shrink to rip the portion of the DVD you want, then Nero or Record Now to burn to disc.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I would never do whats being asked here as I dont see the point in it but I'd have to disagree with Ken (very unusual)

I'd take what DVD files your after and rip them as an mpeg stream in SmartRipper , which Nero will then burn straight off.

Still dont see the point tho for 15 minutes of footage...

6. realraven

realraven Guest

I suddenly feel the need to explain myself. The thing is that I do myn own movies. Ususally from skydiving or skiing. The moves are recorded using my DV-camera and then edited using Adobe Premier. The result is a movie typically around 10-15 minutes.

Now, those movies can be compressed with mpeg-2 to SVCD using Nero but that isn't really high quality. So, I figured that a CD should be able to hold DVD-information as long as the movie was short enough. Thats when I asked here.

DVD Shrinker looks good but doesn't do what I need. I need to build an DVD-image file using my DV-footage.

Thats all :)

7. koola

koola Guest

Use TMPGEnc DVD Author, works a treat!