1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn dvd over 6 gb two discs?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by maxkill, Apr 7, 2005.

1. maxkill

maxkill Member

Hello!
    Usually I just burn dvds that fit in 1 dvd with audio_ts and video_ts folders. However this time the dvd i'm about to burn is 6.41 gb and obviously needs 2 discs..It doesn't have any audio or video_ts folders, just .vob .inf .bup..
    It starts out in the movie folder, video_ts.bup - video_ts.inf -video_ts.vob - VTS_01_0.BUP - VTS_01_0.IFO - VTS_01_0.VOB - VTS_01_1.VOB - VTS_01_2.VOB and so on to 01_05.vob. Then it starts VTS_02_0.BUP - VTS_02_0.IFO - VTS_02_0.VOB...and then a 03_0 - 03_1 starts...
    My question is how to burn this into 2 discs since i don't know how to burn if there are no video and audio_ts folders..Just files.. Anyone knows??
    /Thanks //Roy

2. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

get dvd shrink from the software tab on the top of this page and use it to shrink the files down, so they will fit on one disc, or if you want to put it on two discs which there is no need to you can get dvdfab and it will split it for you.

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Hmmm...sounds like someone just copied the DVD files over. Does the DVD play on a DVD player? I think players look for the DVD structure which has to include at least a VIDEO_TS folder. I'd dump all the files into one folder (create one called VIDEO_TS), and let DVD Shrink try to read the chapters from the IFO file. Better yet, see if Shrink will let you re-author so you can grab half the titles for one DVD, and put the other hlaf on another DVD.

4. maxkill

maxkill Member

Okey thanks a bunch! I will try with shrink to split it in two although it sounds kind of tricky....!