1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn DVD-when I try to play it I get "No disc" on display

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dan1975, Nov 24, 2004.

1. dan1975

dan1975 Member

It's driving me mad! I'm using Nero with a MSI dvd burner. No error messages come up at any point during the process, it tells me the dvd has burnt successfully then when I put it in either my computer's dvd drive or my dvd player I get a "No disc" error coming up.

What the flippin' heck am I doing wrong?

I've gone through about 10 blank dvd's now.

help, please, someone.

thanks

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey dan1975,What ripping software are you using? What type of media are you using? What version of nero are you using? What are your pc system specs? THese will help in getting your problem solved. Later

3. dan1975

dan1975 Member

good god, complicated stuff. I'm using DVD shrink, nero 5.5 and I haven't got a clue what spec my PC is although it's pretty good cos it doesn't seem to have a problem with any games or playing dvd's or anything.

Other than this problem, obviously

4. klinger

klinger Regular member

follow the questions above.The guides in this website are great.Like I finding out practice with your equip.and asking AD is the way My thoughts!! klinger

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey dan1975, I don't think your nero 5.5 is going to work. Mostly 6.0 and higher. But that shouldn't bother you since you got dvd decrypter.With both shrink and decrypter, you will be burning. I also forgot to tell you that you should get some rw discs to practice on. no more coasters.Also use quality branded media,no memorex and store brand names like staples. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, lots of people here to help you out. Good Luck

6. dan1975

dan1975 Member

still getting problems. I've followed the guides on here. Can't work it out. My burner burns music and normal vcd's fine, just not dvd. The file I'm transferring to the disc is fine because I've watched it in power DVD and, according to nero, it's burned fine but when I go to play it I get "No disc" error again!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrr. I"ve got through about 10 dvd's now.

aaaggggghhhhhh

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey dan, get you some dvd rw's to practice with. slow down, what are you trying to rip and burn?How are you going about it to get to try to burn? Did you upgrade to at least nero 6.0 to burn with or are you trying to burn with dvd decrypter? Just explain your steps so we can help you out. later

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The real dumb question to ask here is does your stand alone player support the blank media you are using? For example -R's or +R's

Just thought I would ask. It dosent seem to be a problem with the way you are making the DVD's if they play on your PC. Sounds like a problem between your stand alone player and the media? Try the disk's in a buddies DVD player..

Good Luck

9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

sounds like that was his origal post:no messages come up,dvd burn't successfully then when i put it in my computer's drive and player I get a no disc error". Unless he is using a stand alone burner the pc is not playing his own backups from it. Not enough info provided to help you out dan1975. "

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Opps my fault I see he does say he cant even read from PC. I guess my next question would be can you burn data onto the DVD and does your PC recognize that. This is just so we can rule out if its a media problem or not..

Need a little more info :)

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi dan1975, welcome to aD,

First things first -

What types of files are you trying to burn to DVDs ?

Where did they come from ?

You say you're using Nero to burn, What proggy are you using besides Nero's burner ?

You can't take just anything that will play on your PC and have it work on a DVD.

Are these AVI, MPEG-2 Bin/Cue or VOB files ?

You were asked yet never answered,

What media are you using ?

NOTE: You must answer EACH AND EVERY QUESTION if we are to help you -

Thanks,

Pete

12. dan1975

dan1975 Member

cool, yes, all sorted now. It seems that both my computer and dvd player didn't like the dvd's I've been using. I've tried them in a different player and they work fine. Cheers for the assistance though folks.

13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member