1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Failed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Cbif, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Cbif

Cbif Member

I have burned 3 copy of AVI movies from torrent , and It was okay ...
    But Now I cant burn any more , It kept saying burn Failed , Now I am very frustrated , I get the run around and all ...
    Please help , I;m new at this I use Nero vision express

2. kizzy41

kizzy41 Member

try running them through shrink that is what i usually do when mine come up failed and i am also new at this

3. Cbif

Cbif Member

dvd Shrinks? I have used Nero , Copy to DVD , XVID to DVD ... ? /....

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi cbif, welcome to aD,

Perhaps you would post your Nero log so we can see what's going wrong ?

Most important, What media are you using. Many cheapo media i.e. Memorex, TDK, etc have a high rate of failure.

Next, what size do you have Nero set for your target size ? It should be between 4360MB and 4300MB so you're not trying to burn to the very edge of the disc where the dye is uneven OR non-existant.

Those are the most common problems ~

Also check to see that your ASPI layer is working and also check your transfer mode to be sure you're in the DMA mode and not the PIO mode.

Pete

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Kizzy41,

Heh, heh, DVD Shrink doesn't have a burner and if it hasn't been changed, it uses Nero to burn soooo you're right back where you started -

Cheers,

"P"

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

chif,

Too much of the wrong thing. Only the last 20 lines or so were of the information that we needed. Also, you should not post your Nero serial number. Other pple will copy it and use it to steal programs.
    I'm going to ask a Mod to remove it -

I cannot tell if your conversion was good as I don't know if your download was any good.

Did you play the AVI on your PC's player ?

What we need to do is to use NeroVision and save the files to your HD so that we can see what we have there. As it is now, we cannot tell in the problem is in the rendering or in the burning.

Let's say when NeroVision is processing your files from AVI's to VOB's a mistake was made and it was then picked up in the burning process OR the files could be good and the problem is in the burning.

By saving it to your HD we can play it there. If it plays there then we have a ton of programs to burn it to disc even if Nero won't. Ya see what we want to do ?

Good.

Come on back with the files saved to a premade folder on your HD.

Pete

7. Cbif

Cbif Member

Oh ok , ... Well the Avi files plays fine on my media player , I have a folder where I save all the avis , but It is Burning problem , dunno whats the deal , tell me anything that might help ...
    Corrie

8. Cbif

Cbif Member

I dunno how I did it , but I manage to kept playing around til I figured out how to get it burn , not to speak that I wasted several cd/dvds , But Its a worth trying .. and I FINALLY got it .... Thanks guys for trying to help ... I am very impatient person , and stubborn , I have to get it done right .. lol lol , THAnks one in a million , Corrie

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey, I'm glad you're burning up a storm :)
    Why not consider this an invitation, stop on back, don't be a stranger, you're welcome even if you don't have problems to solve ~>
    You can just "Hang out" and read some, improve your knowledge, help others if you can spot their problem, "Three heads are better than Two." said the Cyclops to the Ogre. You can check out our forums on Photography, CD's, PS2's, X-box or Gamecube, Home Theater components, Or you could hang out in the "Safety Valve," a forum for gossiping about anything and everything under the sun :)
    Check de place out, you just might find a little something that'll interest you ~

Me ? Hey, I'll be over there, out from under that broiling hot sun, under the "Potted" Palm, right next to the water cooler. Just chewin' the fat and waiting for the next Newbie who needs a bit "O" help - Stop by and say "Howdy" -

I'll be lQQking forward to Sea'n you,

Cheers my friend,

Pete :p)