1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn miltiple disc content onto one dvd-r??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by antonioNH, Feb 25, 2005.

1. antonioNH

antonioNH Member

hi...im new to the forum, i hope this hasnt been covered 238932 times. anyhow, i am into boxing and i have several fights on dvd. some fights take up about 1/10 of a dvd while some take up half. i was wondering if there was anyway to take one that takes up a tenth of a dvd, one that takes up half...and combine them onto one dvd? i have tried to do this with dvd shrink to backup the files...each disc has video1.vob or whatever...so i then had to change the video1.vob to video2.vob and add them both to nero. this didnt work, i thought i had a genious plan going too...im a tool.
    does anyone know anyway possible i can fit multiple content from more than one dvd onto ONE DVD-R? what software? thank you ahead of time
    antonio

2. brobear

brobear Guest

DVD2One is good for combining DVD video and DVDCopy3 has a combining feature. I haven't tried the DVDCopy3 for that yet, but it is a good app. Also it will compress if you need it to. DVDRemake from Dimadsoft may help, I haven't used it for combining though.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Since you have Nero, this is what you can do:
    1) If each DVD has both the audio_ts and video_ts files: use Nero StartSmart's 'copy entire dvd video' function to copy all dvds to harddisk, each under a separate folder (e.g. dvd1, dvd2). Then use Nero's 'copy multiple dvd video movies to one' function to copy the multiple dvds to one dvd.
    2) If you only have the movies in vob or mpeg formats, then copy the files to hd, each with a different name (e.g. 1.mpeg, 2.mpeg), then at Nero StartSmart, click 'dvd', then 'make your own dvd video', then 'add video files', paste the files, click 'next', and follow the lead.
    Good luck!

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

bit lost but i will babble on and see if it helps?

so are each of these films in there own folder? also dvd shrink will add as many as you can get in! along as the dvd structure is ok? DONT RENAME ANYTHING, if 4 vobs are added it knows! and works it out for for, you just use re-author mode and drag from the right window to the left! (find each folder/film inturn)when done hit backup aslong as compression is ok?

now this will say have 4/5 films of yours on! but! they will play one after the other! is this ok with you?

now like i said if dvd structure is good you can also add these films to TMPGEnc DVD Author, which will make chapter pionts as you go through the wizard and a menu! (use own pictures (each boxer?) and own writing) for each chapter link in the menu, so you can skip say first 3 fights and go to 4 = nice!

do you have ifo/bup/vob inside each folder?

if your dvd film are dvd compliant dvd shrink will load them ok!

let us know how it goes!

go here for an easy animated guide (your love this)...

http://dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Oh no .... the phantom of AD strikes again! *_*

7. antonioNH

antonioNH Member

i have never heard of/seen any of those functions on any version of nero. but thanks for your help anyways. see this is the problems i am facing: i encode the video with dvd shrink...it then saves the files to a folder called video01.vob, video01.ifo, etc. next i try to put in my other compilation and encode it...it copies the files onto my harddrive with the same name; video01.vob, etc! after this i try to burn with nero but it will not burn because the filenames are the same...even if i change the filenames it still burns unplayable with HEAVY errors. can anyone help? there have been a lot of responses as i have made another thread about this and desperately need to know but i havent gotten an answer to solve the problem yet
    my goal: take fight 3 from one dvd
    take fight 2 from another dvd
    make one dvd out of both

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

do you have the latest dvd shrink??

did you watch the guide? for compilation? it doesnt matter shrink knows the vob are say vob1 and adds vob1 and vob1 (2) before encoding to hard drive...

also try outputing to dvd decrypter to burn and not nero, its in dvd shrink settings when you click backup!

also did the original files come from a working dvd first?

============================

try this first as i know another way also!

============================

shrink and dvd decrypter should sort it!

??? did you want menus to click to each one or just play one after the other?

9. antonioNH

antonioNH Member

this does not work...yes i have the latest version of dvd shrink and again, it ALWAYS (when a new disc is loaded) encodes this disc and all newly inserted discs to video01.vob, video01.ifo, etc. if it didnt however, this would be much easier because i could just load to nero, burn, and voila! also, how do i load files into dvd decrypter? it seems that i can only load data from discs? thank you so much for your help and time, i appreciate it a great deal

10. antonioNH

antonioNH Member

i must be a damn fool...i read the dvd shrink tutorial. very excited thanks for your help!!!

11. antonioNH

antonioNH Member

one more question...im sorry if this has been covered. i want to add menus to link to each fight, how do i do this? thank you SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! you guys have relieved my stress and prevented me from getting more grey hairs! thank you

12. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

Usually your burner comes bundled with software to do the basics, like authoring.
    What brand/model is your burner?
    Did any software come with your burner? If so what?

For instance, I have Cyberlink PowerProducer 2 Gold that came with my LG burner.

Adding menus is not an option in DVD Shrink, unfortunately.

13. antonioNH

antonioNH Member

sonic mydvd came with my recorder. i have a liteon 16x. and on my laptop its a toshiba laptop stock. sonicmydvd wont allow me to put actual dvd movie files into it for some reason....ridiculous. thanks :)

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

[bold]antonioNH (Newbie) 26. February 2005 @ 08:55
    i must be a damn fool...i read the DVD Shrink tutorial. very excited thanks for your help!!!
    [/bold]

now read my second post again!

ABOUT MENUS!!!! also in thrid but seconds fine!