1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn movies skip

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by wynternet, Nov 13, 2006.

1. wynternet

wynternet Member

anyone have any problems with burnt movies skipping. i've tried diff. appz and still get the same results. but only with some movies. is there an app. that can fix this?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

3. wynternet

wynternet Member

using verbatum and tdk printables. My drive is the samsung lighscribe. I'll read up on the DMA thx.

4. wynternet

wynternet Member

i checked my DMA and it is on. So i'm unsure why some movies still skip :(

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What speed are you burning at?
    Also, can you give me a model number for the Samsung.

Don't use TDK, it isn't very good media and can deteriate in a matter of months, causing bad playbacks etc. Verbatim is v good. :)

6. wynternet

wynternet Member

i've tried burning at 4 times. my model is SH-S162L. Good to know about teh TDK's. The strange thing is it works ok in 1 of my 3 dvd players. I have 2 panasonics ( 1 only plays -r's the other both) and the cheap RCA and it plays in the cheap RCA

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

8. donya70

donya70 Member

Hi I have read alot on afterdawn, but this is my first post. I have been burning dvd's for a little less than a year. Whenever I have had problems I come here, read and my question gets answered. So suddenly my movies skip and pause during play. Not just on one computer on all my computers. I was wondering if perhaps the burner's get dirty and need to be cleaned. I have also ripped movies alot thru AnyDVD have been told it was successful and then I try to write it with Clone DVD 2 and it tells me that the media used to rip it was dirty and I need to redo it. So I switch it to a different computer and it will usually work, but that doesnt' explain why it's happening. That's why I was wondering if the burner's actually get dirty. For media I am using Memorex, although I have to admit I have switched that around a bit. I am pretty new to all the technical terms. So I would really appreciate if you could kind of spell it out for me. Thanks so much

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hi and welcome,

Ok well it could be two things :)

1st. Your media (Memorex) is rubbish. It deteriates (the disk) after a while and makes the dvd unplayable. Try using Sony or Verbatim media.

2nd. Your laser may need cleaning. Use a cotton bud with some rubbing alcohol on, and then rub your laser in little circles for 10 seconds. Then with the dry end, rub the same way for 10 secs.

Get back to me! :)

10. donya70

donya70 Member

Thanks so Much, I will give it a try and let you know. I was wondering if the Memorex was crappy media now I know.

11. wynternet

wynternet Member

it's my player all right. i tested it on a few other players and it works fine. will try to clean the others. will keep u posted. thx much

12. donya70

donya70 Member

Hi sorry the reply took so long. I haven't had an internet connection for a little while. Anyway thanks so much for the advice it has worked. Much appreciated your awesome!

13. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Nice one. Glad to hear it! Happy Burning & Watching!