1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn problem or bios problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by arkain, Dec 9, 2003.

1. arkain

arkain Member

A game i burned doesnt seem to want to play and i was just wondering if its possible that the bios is making the difference, since i burned a game w/ the same media and it works. here are the details

chip: chameleon
    bios: Evox M7
    Iso: Made w/ IsoMaker
    Burned with: Nero
    DVD Media: Memorex DVD+R

now that we have that listed, the game that doesnt work is Tony Hawk Underground, one of the games i backed up that will work is Robotech.

Do you think its a bios issue? if so what is a good alternative to Evox?

Thnx!

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

The BIOS is ok but you should make your ISO with Craxtion (don't forget to copy GDFImage to the Craxtion dir and to set Craxtion to use it). Your issue is most probably with patching the game which Craxtion does automatically!

3. Scot

Scot Regular member

The Evox M7 bios is good to go, you do not need to patch your games for media flags when using this bios, your problem lies elsewhere. I would try to remake your iso and reburn it. Transfer your files over with flash fxp, make your iso with Craxtion or GDF Image and burn with record now max.

4. arkain

arkain Member

ill try craxtion. i downloaded it from their website, but i dont seem to see how to get the gui. it looks like all it has is a command line tool. do i need to get the gui somewhere else?