1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn process error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kempo, Sep 10, 2003.

1. kempo

kempo Member

after using dvd shrink, i use nero to burn the files, at some point(varies)i get an
    burn process failed at 2.4, sometimes it makes it through ok. but i am wasting alot of disks. can someone help me? thanks

2. cmckenna

cmckenna Guest

what type of dvd writer are you using and what type of disks are they.

I back up my dvd's like you do and i have never had a problem.

can you give a step by step guide of how you back up your dvd's????

It would give the rest of us some more info

3. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Since you're short on info I will assume that the problem lies with Nero. I had the same probs with Nero 5.5.10 and switched to Record Now Max and never had a prob since.

4. kempo

kempo Member

hi, i use dvd shrink, i let it do automatic compression. then i hit back up. after that, i add the files to nero 6 ultra. i click dvd video add files to video ts. then burn onto memorex dvd+r 4.7 gb disk. sometimes it goes through without a problem and sometimes i get the error. if i try agian, same thing, its like gamble it might go through or not. oh i am using a sonydvd+-rw+-r dru-510a. i hope thats enough info. thanks guys

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You need to check in the settings of Nero first. Make sure you have checked that 'disc at once' is running and that you are not burning in multisession. If it still doesn't work then change to Record Now Max and use an RW disc until you know that the burning is OK - that way you won't waste any more discs.

6. kempo

kempo Member

my nero settings are set on dis at once. does Record Now Max work the same as nero? can anyone give me a step by step way to use it? thanks for all the help.

7. kempo

kempo Member

anyone?

8. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

9. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Record Now Max is even easier to use than nero since the settings are set automatically. You hardly need a guide.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2003
  10. kempo

kempo Member

i am a total newbie. sorry if i am a pain, but i dont know how to use record now max. do i use it to rip the dvd or use the files i got from shrink dvd? if i use the files from shrink dvd, what do i click when i open record now max? sorry for the basic questions. thanks

11. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

recordnow max will only burn dvds. You rip and compress with shrink and burn with recordnow the files that you create with shrink. Look at the link for recordnow as posted earlier by me.

12. kempo

kempo Member

thanks, i will give it a try in the morning. let you know how it goes.

13. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

RecordNow Max WILL burn CD's too....not only DVD's.

cheezzzz_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Just another lonely Hawaiian with:
    P4 2.66Ghz, 120gb HD (7200rpm)
    2X512mb DDR333 (PC2700) SDRAM
    Sony DVD RW DW-U12A(OEM for DRU500AX)
    DXCxpress 3.02
    Smartipper/DvdDecrypter
    Dvd2one/Nero 6 Ultra[/small]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2003
  14. kempo

kempo Member

i got pretty much the same error with record max.my comp is acting weird now. sometimes it will just restart out of nowhere. i was burning data not dvd files and the comp restarted. i went to check what was on the disk, i double clicked the drive and i got an error that something along the lines of i/o error. could this be the problem? if so does anyone know how to fix it. thanks

15. kempo

kempo Member

i was fooling around with my drive and switched my dvd burner to master and my dvd drive to slave, but now whenever i try to burn something the comp just restarts. weither i am using record max or nero. anyone have any other suggestions? thanks alot!

16. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You have a computer crashing problem which is probably nothing to do with your drives or burning software at all. You need to get advice on your PC hardware and OS and why it keeps crashing.

17. kempo

kempo Member

it only started happening when i installed the drive. i will call sony and ask them. thanks

18. kempo

kempo Member

i noticed in the nero window, i get an error that says "error reading data" then i get a pop up window saying burn process failed at 2.4x(3,312 kb/s). i know i am being a pain. :) but it worked the first few times no prob then all of a sudden i get this. i formatted my hard drive. i backed up on dvd with no prob. but now i get the error everytime. very fustration.

19. mmoore

mmoore Member

well I would use nero 5.5.1.45 or .42 both do very well and dvd shrink 2.3 never had a problem

but i use nero express ..less room for errors

if need help just message me at

giovanni40220@msn.com

20. kempo

kempo Member

called sony twice. first time they told me to uninstall nero and roxio and only use recordnow. and told me to use tdk disc as they are combatibly with my burning. ok,did all that and nothing, same prob. called again and they told me that there might be some files from roxio in my regersry that i have to remove. my question is, could this really be the prob? and if so, how do i do this regrestry thing? thanks.