1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Speed?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JJenn74, Mar 30, 2005.

1. JJenn74

JJenn74 Member

I just copied a disc at 2X to try to correct some skipping problems but it was worse than the one I burned at 4x. What gives? Which is better? I have a Lite-On DVD burner that says "DVD+ReWriteable" and I'm burning on DVD+R. I'm using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. Can I burn on DVD-R? Why the skipping? What burn speed works best? I'm getting frustrated and really appreciate any help. The DVD+R are Maxell, I just bought some Memorex DVD-R. Which should I be using?

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Generally if you get errors/skipping slowing down your burn speed can fix the problem. What model burner do you have?

3. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey JJenn74,

Ppower is definately right. You should try and lowering you speed to at least a 2x in order to get successful burn in the case of it skipping. Nero, if that is what you using, is defaulted to MAXIMUM but unless you have a good burner it won't mean much. I burn at MAXIMUM and they come out really great.

As far as media is concerned. I use Memorex dvd-r also and have great success with them, about 3 bad burns but 200 successful ones. However, I don't reccommed you using them if you don't want to waste alot of money, because it would seem that you are getting a bad batch. Also as you can see with being on AfterDawn, they do get a bad rep because of the fact that their dvd's are outsourced and made from different places. If I would to suggest have good burns, I would say going with Taiyo Yuden. There are considered GREAT when it comes to overall success rate for burning movies.

Hope this info was helpful to you!

;)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You're not multitasking while you're burning are you? If you are, STOP!