1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Burn Successful" But tracks burned bad

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Grotug, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Grotug

Grotug Member

After the burn, it said the burn was successful. But when I play the CD every single track has the same problem of being garbled. You can tell what track it is, but it's sort of hard to and it sounds like complete garbage.

I'm a little concerned it has to do with being so close to the limit on the CD capacity of 80 minutes. The total length of all the MP3s I'm trying to burn is 79:42 with the 2 second gaps added (I really don't want to remove the gaps as I have been working on this mix for way too long and am very particular about it)

In Nero, after 74 minutes there is a yellow line and at 80 minutes there is a red line. Are you not supposed to burn past 74 minutes even though the cd says 80 or is that yellow line there just to indicate where the end of a 74 minute disc is? Admittedly half of the disks I used were scratched, but two weren't and this still happened. Thoughts are appreciated on why all the tracks have a skipping gyrating messed upness to them. The messedupness was the same with each CD. It wasn't like only some parts of the CD were bad. Every bit of the CD I listened to had the exact same type of problem. This is why I think maybe it has to do with going so close to the limit. I really don't want to delete any of the songs as I already was forced to remove two.

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  2. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

What speed are you burning at? For audio i never burn faster than x8 as that is where the majority of problems lie burning too fast can cause all sorts of problems. Plus i recommend always using good quality disks. Personnally ive never had any problems using maxell audio, but have encountered problems with TDK and Samsung. Certain media work well with certain burners.

3. camstuf

camstuf Guest

I think this music may be fake, corrupted or scrambled if you downloaded it.
    Most of Kazza lite is fake music.
    If you backed up one of your store bought audio CD's I don't know.
    What is your source?
    Also start using and re-using CD-RW media.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2004
  4. Grotug

Grotug Member

Nero said not to use CD-RW for some reason - don't remember why.

I downloaded the tracks off of Rhapsody.

But, I burned successfully finally. I burned at 8x this morning so I guess that was the problem - burning too fast.

Thanks djscurf for the tip.

I feel like sharing my tracklist:

Wishlist, Pearl Jam
    Forca, Nelly Furtado
    Float On, Modest Mouse
    Try, Nelly Furtado
    Coming In From The Cold, The Delgados
    Spaceman, 4 Non Blondes
    NYC, Interpol
    Born Slippy, Underworld .Nuxx (Short.)
    You Owe Me Nothing, Alanis Morissette
    Lost Cause, Beck