1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn VCD with XviD.avi format?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by an1990, Sep 4, 2004.

1. an1990

an1990 Guest

i got the film name The Italian Job downloaded from internet. Now, I want to burn that moives to CD. I used Nero but after it finished, i checked in DVD player but there was no sound. Should i need some soft to so this?

That movies file name
    The.Italian.Job(2003).XviD.AC3.CD1.avi
    The.Italian.Job(2003).XviD.AC3.CD2.avi

2. Arnold2

Arnold2 Regular member

had a prob with sound trying to play one of those files. It is codec's welcome

Thanks for the help

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  3. an1990

an1990 Guest

yeh, i searched first, i got 3 of your remmend soft but the sound was very low, and impossible to hear if i didn't turn max.
    but how to use FFDSHOW?
    I installed but i haven't known how to use

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2004
  4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

firstly dont use nero, it is a terrible encoder with horrid quality, use a real mpeg encoder like tmpgenc to convert your avi's to mpeg1 standard compliant vcds. with tmpgenc you can use a program that will convert ac3 audio directly instead of converting to wav first, you can get that here: http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip

if you have any troubles with tmpgenc post a thread in the vcd/svcd and we'll get it sorted.

cheerz

5. Arnold2

Arnold2 Regular member

I found this txt about the program.

AC3ACM

this program makes TMPGEnc recognise AC3 audio so you dont have to convert to wav before encoding. just install and thats it, now TMPGEnc will load up and encode AC3 audio without a hitch.

that was a copy past of the txt. confirm what you said is GOLD M

Thanks for the help

Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  6. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

lol yeah i think i wrote that, but yup its a top little proggy saves alot of fking around converting audio to wav first ect ect.

7. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

I'm just having a problem getting TMPGEnc to recognize an Xvid AVI file. When I try to use it as the source file, it says it's unsupported...any ideas?

8. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

Nevermind, I raised the priority of the DirectShow File Reader from -1 to 2 and it reads them now. Can I leave this setting alone, though? Or should I change it back when I'm done with encoding the XviD files?