1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn .WMV files to DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tinione, Jan 26, 2004.

1. tinione

tinione Member

Hi, I am a real neewbie. Just started burning last night. I have downloaded some movies from one of the movie sites and some are .wmv files. Is there an easy way to convert these files so that I can burn them onto a blank dvd. I have DVD decrypter,Shrink and VCDEasy software. None of them mention these files. Or maybe I just overlooked it. Help please. Much appreciated.

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

I pursume it be like any other file, you will have to convert to an avi or maybe an mpg file first before doing anything. there is a couple of programs out there that will do this one is X Video Converter, do a search, you can download a trial. Though havent done any wmv files myself. Might even be some freeware ones out there as well.

3. tinione

tinione Member

Thanks Sheppy. However. I was reading a different topic and someone mentioned importing .wmv files to Nero Vision 2 and creating video_ts for burning. I don't have this software and I am hoping that I can use a package that I already have to do this. I have to do some reading on Nero Vision 2 to see what other software can perfome the same function.