1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn WMVHD to Dvd9?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by davidml3, May 29, 2007.

1. davidml3

davidml3 Member

trying to burn wmvhd files to dual layer disk. I know using Nero burning rom you use dvd-rom (udf) and then xbox compatability mode

the discs wont play in the xbox, keeps saying unplayable disk? any ideas, dvd5s work perfectly

2. salinger

salinger Regular member

Not meaning to insult you, but Xbox is one generation late. The only console that currently rejoices over a dual layer compatibility feature is the new PS3. So, it is no surprise your Xbox can't play the dvd 9, becuase it cant read it!

3. VidJunkie

VidJunkie Member

Hi salinger. I thought that Xbox 360 games were delivered on dual layer (DVD9) media. Is there some reason that the Xbox can read the games, but not other types of DVD9? Could you please elaborate on your statement that the Xbox cannot read DVD9s. I also want to burn WMVHD files to a DVD9 and play them in a friend's Xbox, but I would rather not spend time or discs attempting to do the impossible.

4. albino92

albino92 Regular member

yah i wouldn't go ahead and say that xbox is still last gen, because the definition of next gen in most peoples minds is hi def and good graphics. The wii has bad graphics and a lot of people don't have hdtvs and don't even know what it is. The xbox has probably until this year until it's fully dead.

5. VidJunkie

VidJunkie Member

Well, I won't get into the debate over the Xbox's longevity because that is just too subjective. However, I can say that I have successfully burned WMVHD files to a DVD9, using Nero 7 (UDF + Xbox compatibility mode). When loaded into the Xbox's standard DVD drive it needed to download an update (which required the Xbox Live connection), but then it played the video in HD. Although FF and RW operations were a little tricky, especialy when attempting to FF through a large portion of the video. Overall I would say it was a success. Now if I could just figure out how to get H.264 and AAC streams into an .mp4 file, burn them to a DVD9, and play them on the Xbox!

6. eledora

eledora Guest

does any one want the optical pickup to repair his XBOX, PS2,3 here?
    I want to enlarge the stock and want to dipose model