1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Xbox360 games in Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by trigga71, Jun 17, 2006.

1. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

How do you go about buring Xbox360 in OS X? i know DC games are kinda the same (as with cloneCD) I have burnd one in Winows XP on a intel imac (ss.bin was pre merged) But also how can i merge the SS.bin in OS X?

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

right now you cannot because the xbox 360 disk's are called dual layer dvd disk's which no offense here to any mac user the mac superdrive doesn't support dual layer dvd's because apple didn't want users making illegal dvd copys

3. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

well i was more concerned about the format of the files ( .000 and .DVD (CloneCD) and also .
    360) I believe most superdrive can burn DL DVD's. I burned a 360 game (in windows) on a
    intel mac so i know that burner can do it.

When i change .000 to .iso and try and burn it with toast it wants me to input pregap and
    postgap sectors, sector size and scrambled or not.

I just cant find how to set layerbrakes in any buring program for the mac.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  4. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

well thats good but that is in windows on mac not burning it on mac os which is what you stated in the start of this forum please be more clear next time

thanks

5. Londor

Londor Guest

No offence but you have no idea of what you are talking about. The stock superdrive in all
    Apple desktops can burn dual layer discs. In laptops the MacBook Pro 17 also has a dual layer
    superdrive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2006
  6. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i want to burn IN OS X i was just stating the hardware can do it, just software is holding me back

7. Londor

Londor Guest

I know I was replying to johnodd4.

Have you tried to make a one-to-one copy with Toast?

8. PS2MXBOX

PS2MXBOX Member

Okay this is the thread ive been looking for...I have had the same questions...as far as
    entering a ss.bin into an iso i believe (though i have not tried) you can open both files in a
    hex editor and enter them that way (but im not sure at all)
    eh...read this about calculating SS placement

http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=33&topic=708.0

now as far as burning the isos the problem is there is a custom layer break as we all know.
    clone cd reads the .dvd that just tells it where that break is. toast has no option to change
    the layer break as it just complies with the dvd+r standard. what about renaming the .000
    to .iso and burning it with FireStarter_FX-1.0b11 ? havent tried that yet either... or if
    someone could design a simple program that can convert a ccd file and .000 image into a
    toast file that would be sweet. supposedly b's recorder gold x allows for custom layer
    breaks but i dont have that program. i would like to work on this all though so i'll be
    checking this thread often.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  9. USERMJ911

USERMJ911 Member

who do u add pic to the end of posts?

10. PS2MXBOX

PS2MXBOX Member

it's at the top of the page when you go to reply

11. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

Right from there web site:

You can also use DVD+R DL (double layer) discs to create a DVD-Video disc. Layer break
    point adjustment functionality increases the compatibility of DVD-Video discs created using
    DVD+R DL discs with set top.

im trying to get the B's recorder.

12. PS2MXBOX

PS2MXBOX Member

make sure you get the X version and let me know how it goes

13. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

there is a way to burn xbox 360 games

you need a application called dragon burn and disk utility here is why all though disk utility can read the iso it cannot burn the iso correctly due to a weird file inside the iso disk utility just sits there and freezes so what you need to do is mount the iso then use dragon burn to burn the image

but this only works on iso versions of the 360 software also if you have xbox live several of the firmware hacks no longer work due to the recent system update there is only one im aware that does and i cannot list it here sorry

14. PS2MXBOX

PS2MXBOX Member

so does this handle the layer break correctly? so we dont need the .dvd file? have you make one successfully boot? and the hacks still work fine

15. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i tried dragon burn and didnt not find a layer break setting in there. And AFAIK the hacks work fine.

16. PS2MXBOX

PS2MXBOX Member

any word on b's recorder gold x trigga? also there is a way to hex edit an iso to get it to get
    accepted by imgburn on a pc, but i need to find out a little more about using it to work on a
    mac. all we need is a simple burning app that allows you to set a layer break point...I dont
    have the money right now or i would just break down and buy b's recorder gold and try it. if
    anyone else wants to it would greatly benefit this effort!

also as far as dragon burn goes...if you rename the game.000 to .iso, it recognizes it as a
    valid image, but i dont know if it will set the layer break in the proper location...if someone
    could burn one and test that would be great

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  17. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

no info yet as i too dont have the $$ to get it, i wish they had a DEMO of it. But i have been looking for it. Also i dont think dragon burn will set the layer break correct beause there is no info abotu the layer break in the .000 file only the .DVD file. You probley could manually add the SS.bin info in to the image. You would just need ot know where at.

18. PS2MXBOX

PS2MXBOX Member

Yeah i'm not at all concerned with adding the SS on the mac side at this moment in time...I do however want to burn. So i see only 3 ways of this working. 1)we need to get a copy of B's Recorder Gold X and see if we can set the break point 2) get someone like the authors of FireStarter X or Toast to allow for manual setting of the break point in their next version of the software or 3) Get a cool person to code a nice little app to convert a clonecd file and image file to one iso.

Until any of these happen i dont see us burning :-(

19. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i think there was an app for the mac to do that (convert a clonecd) for the dreamcast games, try searching for it as most DC tools you can still get ez. Ill look at the DC tools i have.

20. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

since it doesnt find a layer break.. couldnt that mean that its a Single Layer disc? just a thought.