1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Xbox360 games in Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by trigga71, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Maazer

Maazer Guest

Just got Leopard and trying to burn some ISO's with iBurn. i've tried OSx360 and ISO hacker and they both unexpectedly quit. with iBurn, it just stays on the 'executing' screen.

2. matteuro

matteuro Member

I've also have problems with .iso on mac, there's an error all time i try to burn it. Skip it, i need to burn .dvd format. Any ideas?

3. Maazer

Maazer Guest

i actually just downloaded the latest version of OSx360 and it works fine. i may also be lagging because i have low hard disk space. thanks guys!

4. fez007

fez007 Member

Does anyone know how to set the layer break manually on toast 9 titanium when burning 360 isos?

Thanks

5. dirtygit

dirtygit Member

i dont think you csan manually set layer break on toast - which is the reason why no-one uses it.

you will just end up with coasters.

6. wolfienuk

wolfienuk Guest

If Toast was able to burn Xbox 360 images, I wouldn't have set out to make my own application to do the same thing.

7. whammo69

whammo69 Member

okay, i hate to be thick, but even after a dozen-plus pages, i have to ask this. i recently downloaded tiger woods golf game for my xbox (original generation). the entire iso file is about 1.8 gb, so shouldn't i just be able to burn it with toast or dragon burner as an iso disc image and play it?

obviously, i'm asking because i tried it and it didn't work...

8. dirtygit

dirtygit Member

ok. Its not that you are being thick- just lazy for not reading the thread ;-)

Are you trying to play on original xvox or 360?
    either way you need a nodded machine. Without this nothing will work.
    I'm presuming u want it to work on 360.
    You need to use one of the approved methods discussed here like iburn or clonecd. The important issue is the layer break.
    As it is original game you can put on reg DVD - not DL DVD.
    Is Tig Woods running on 360 with Live patch. If there is not one released you won't be able to play no matter what you do.
    Hth

9. wolfienuk

wolfienuk Guest

There is only one way it will work.

You must have the older Xtreme 5.x firmware (Samsung drive only I think). It supports single layer Xbox 1 backups.

Be aware that this firmware does not fully protect your 360 on XBL if you are not using a fully stealth backup (ie: Xbox 1 single layer discs), so I don't recommend it. The single layer functionality was removed from iXtreme for that reason.

If you have iXtreme firmware, your all your backups must be stealth and made in a similar fashion as described for Xbox 360 backup discs (DVDR-DL, with SS, PFI, DMI, Video, and the proper layer break). The only difference with Xbox 1 backups is that there is no DMI and the layer break is slightly different.

10. whammo69

whammo69 Member

many thanks to you both. i will try both systems, and hopefully get this xbox (which i just bought second-hand) to play my golf game. i can't actually golf, but find that game totally addictive. cheers.

11. wolfienuk

wolfienuk Guest

Ok, now I realized you are talking about the Xbox 1 Console with an Xbox 1 Backup...

That's different (and slightly off-topic).

You will need a modified Xbox 1 console (with a mod-chip or soft-mod). You should be able to burn the iso directly to a DVD (or CD if small enough - the xbox 1 games don't specify required media). You can use Toast or Disk Utility.

If your console is not yet modified, check out xbox-scene dot com or xboxhacker dot net for some tutorials.

12. whammo69

whammo69 Member

aha, that's the reply i needed then (sorry for being off-topic). because i did it that way, and it didn't work, so apparently i need to modify my console. thanks again.

13. Maazer

Maazer Guest

Wow, this is weird. Wolfie Nuke, i've been using your iBurn360 for over 50 discs and haven't had a problem until now. When i put in a blank DL and drop the ISO file in the box, it patches and says 'recording complete' immediately after it patches. I just burned a DVD-R movie using Toast to see if I have a problem with the burner and the disc works. Could there be a problem from burning too many discs in DL format? Not sure, maybe you can help me out.

Thanks so much.

Maazer

14. wolfienuk

wolfienuk Guest

First of all the "Patching" that iBurn360 does is not necessary. It may patch the video partition when it is not required. iDog (the creator of iBurn360 knows about this, but has not found it a priority to fix since he believes OSx360 has superceeded his program.

The issue that you may be having with iBurn360 is that it uses growisofs to record the backup. I don't know why growisofs is stating that the burn is complete when it is not. I would probably need to see the growisofs log to see if it returns any errors.

I would reccomend trying OSx360 with the Apple DiscRecording.Framework and see what happens. Maybe it will report an error that growisofs does not.

I am sorry that I can't definitively say if your burner is in need of replacement.

15. HuskerDu

HuskerDu Member

How do I extract the iso from the game itself?

What program do you guys use to get your iso images if you aren't downloading from a torrent?

16. ztickman

ztickman Member

17. negoria

negoria Guest

i have same problems as Maazer help plz

18. mmmhays

mmmhays Member

I am 1 for 3 on readable burns from iburn so far.

1) fifa 09, failed during game play
    2) Rainbow6 Vegas 2--works perfectly
    3) RE 5-- can't get to read.

Ive been reading this thread and trying to download xdvdmulleter in order to check the RE 5 .iso but I can't get it to install. I've tried downloading .net framework, but that is a windows app and can't find anything that will run on my mac.

Suggestions?

19. mmmhays

mmmhays Member

Also I just verified the image using OSx360. Under "Detailed Stealth Information" everything was valid expect for Video Data, that was "n/a" Is that a problem?

20. 700club

700club Member

Good info

Last edited: May 23, 2009