1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Xbox360 games in Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by trigga71, Jun 17, 2006.

1. paolo1one

paolo1one Member

hi everyone after many tries and about a hundred euros of blank dvd dual l i can tell you....sadly you can't burn with mac!
    there's no native program that can read the custom layer break-tried toast,fireburner,and also dragon burn trick....what u get is a dvd that if u put it in the 360 tells u that "u have to put the disc in a 360 to be read"......it sees just the 6,5mega dvd video track
    and even with virtual pc or parallels and a pioneer linked external with usb adapter you can't burn with mac
    the guy who told that he made it with a mad dog branded burner invented everything it's not working...you have everything set up good but it doesn't burn
    how can you burn a dvd through emulation of usb1 bus? it's not fast enough even to burn at 1x ....clone cd will always give you an error....that's what happens also with parallels.....
    with my portable that is intel i tried boot camp but there's no way you can pass a 7gig file in an external fat32 drive-after4gig unexpected error- and this is the only format that win and mac can both read and write...so u need a pc unrar the files on a pc and burn it on a pc-----fuk microsgoft
    that's all for now

2. kyo00

kyo00 Member

no,no paolo1one it's wrong....i have IMac g5 and an external Pioneer 111d....and i haven't problem for xbox360 backup!!!i use virtualpc!!!

are you italian??io si

3. navotvolk

navotvolk Member

how about some combination with parallels is it possible?

4. paolo1one

paolo1one Member

guys i've tried parallels and virtual pc but through the usb emulation port-that is usb 1-i can't burn.....well it's not the law...it's just that after all the copies i've tried i've just been able to burn via bootcamp..in other words "real" windows,not on a pc but still windows!
    everything virtual took me to half burning error
    i tried to copy through external samsung and it's ok it took like almost an hour to rip but ok....burning it's a joke...like 97%...98%...99%... error! fuk...
    maybe it's my set up...quadG5- external pioneer 111 linked via ide to usb adapter...but it's not something strange...i don't know...
    hey kyo! si sono italiano-- what kind of link do u use for external drive? via usb? it's the only way....and your burning speed?
    because i've tried 2x-2,4x and got me an error and so i tried 1x....nothing...wasted discs!

5. kyo00

kyo00 Member

hey paolo i use virtualpc,pioneer111d connect with usb.....for the problem of clone the trick is use IMGBURN...works great!!!

6. kyo00

kyo00 Member

x paolo...if you want contact me:my mail is kyo00@libero.it

7. navotvolk

navotvolk Member

can't someone write a manual about how it can be done and everyone will be happy and the questions will be over?
    Thanks for the guy how will do that...

8. MadMacs23

MadMacs23 Member

Is there a 100% safe way to burn the 360 games on a Mac with VPC and USB2?
    Will this surely work?

9. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i saw a topic on the xbox scene forums about burning on a mac in VPC

EDIT: i havent tried it yet.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  10. m0f099

m0f099 Member

Great stuff guys,

I have an ibook g4, no bootcamp. :-(

Yes I wanna burn xbox 360 games with osx. ;-)

Any info/input on this is appreciated, :)

Later

11. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

Well some good news is that xtream 5.x will use single layer discs if the game will fit, no need for the layer break ( which is were were hung)

ream more @ xbox scene home page

12. GffMaC

GffMaC Member

hey guys just thought I would link you guys to a thread on xbox-scene where it tells you how to burn backups with the layerbreak.

I havent tried it yet so let me know if it works for you.

Cheers

Gff

13. mobius595

mobius595 Guest

I can confirm that the growisofs method of burning, though a bit complicated to set up does work for burning 360 discs from os x. which is a much better solution if you wish to use an external burner for full use of the usb2 interface.

14. FIC

FIC Member

Hmmm not to rehatch an old question here, but I have a mac mini with superdrive... can I burn in osx using the growisof?? I have bootcamp installed so I can use windows.. what app would I use? just img burn?

thanks

15. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i have not used growisof but in windows you can use clonecd or imgburn. I use clonecd but some ppl have a problem with it and use imgburn. Also im not sure if mac minis have DL Super Drives so you just wanna check.

16. FIC

FIC Member

Yes it does have a dual layer drive..

So Basically download the image, use ImgBurn in windows (running through bootcamp) and burn using the dual layer super drive in the mini..

and it will work?

17. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

yep worked for me on an intel iMac so i dont see why it wouldnt, but i used cloneCd

18. FIC

FIC Member

Ok but I have a question....If you burned using windows on the mac assuming you used Bootcamp, how did you transfer the large image over.

My problem is I have a windows partition on the mini - formatted to NTFS. From what I understand FAT32 cant accept files larger than 4 gigs. When I try to drag any file to the windows partition on the mac, it says I cant do it. Even if I had the windows partition in FAT32 I couldnt transfer the file. So how are you getting the data over to the windows partition?

I have an external drive hooked up and its read/writeable in OSX however when I run bootcamp the drive isnt listed.

How did you overcome this?

19. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i have a 250GB firewire (could be USB as well) hard drive the is formated in FAT (i believe) so i can use it in both windows and OSX.

So i guess you could make an other partition in FAT so you can drag 'n' drop using OSX and windows, if you happen not to have an external hard drive

20. FIC

FIC Member

You mean make another partition on my external harddrive? I didn't know it was possible to have multiple formats on an external..