1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned data blu-ray disk dvd and dates on files are a day off?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by mjkviper, Aug 15, 2007.

1. mjkviper

mjkviper Member

I have a sony hdr-sr1 camcorder, sony bwu-100a blu ray burner, sony playstation 3, and nero 7 ultimate edition.

I transfer my files from my camcorder to my computer. I then rename them to explain what I recorded and number them. Then, I use nero 7 burning rom to burn a data blu ray disk dvd of my movies.

Here's my question: The files on my computer give a modified date and time (which is the date and time I recorded that particular file). These same files which I burned on to the blu ray disk say the same modified date and time when I put the disk in to my computer and look at them on the disk. But when I put the disk in to my Playstation 3, these same files say updated date and time and have a different date and time than what shows on my computer.

Anyone have any idea why these files don't show the right date and time I recorded them on the Playstation 3??????????????????

2. albino92

albino92 Regular member

No but does it really matter?

3. mjkviper

mjkviper Member

Well, yeah, it would be nice to see the correct date when I go back to watch my recordings later down the road.

You see, when I put the dvd into the ps3, all the files show up(name of file, date, and time). I then have to scroll down to the file I want to watch and push play.

4. albino92

albino92 Regular member

Alright well i guess you could just label the discs with the correct dates

5. mjkviper

mjkviper Member

Yeah, that's what I was planning on doing if I can't find an answer.

But the only problem with that is it will show two dates on every file.

6. albino92

albino92 Regular member

You could label the disc with whatever you want it to be labeled as and then put on the date.

7. deadlove

deadlove Guest

This might sound stupid.. is the date set properly in the ps3? It may be dating the files locally as and when it first sees them rather than reading the details from the files on the disk.